Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Ditto looper has stopped working with power supply

I have a ditto looper and when I first got it, it worked great with my Dr tone power supply but suddenly it wouldn't power on when I tried to start a loop (no Led will turn on when I press the switch) I've tried using my friends ditto looper on the same power supply and it still wouldn't work. If anyone can help it would be appreciated.
Tags (1)
Lukehamilton63 Contributor - Level 1 2017-04-20

2017-04-20

Ditto looper has stopped working with power supply

I have a ditto looper and when I first got it, it worked great with my Dr tone power supply but suddenly it wouldn't power on when I tried to start a loop (no Led will turn on when I press the switch) I've tried using my friends ditto looper on the same power supply and it still wouldn't work. If anyone can help it would be appreciated.

• 0 Kudos
  • 7 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Ditto looper has stopped working with power supply

It sounds like the power supply has gone pop. Time for a new one.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

It still works with all of my other pedals
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

The Ditto needs 100 mAmps to work. If the power supply doesn't provide that output, or other pedals in a chain are using some of that capacity, it wont work. Cheap power supplies don't last forever.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Hi,

Have you checked if it is plugged into 9V spot or is it a 12V spot on your power supply? The Ditto also draws 100mA of current. Is there another pedal interfering with it?

Best regards,
Kayle McGuire
kaylemcguire@gmail.com
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

A quick google search tells me that power supply will only do 60mA on the normal outputs, which is not enough for the Ditto, or indeed many digital pedals. The Ditto should work fine with the adjustable outputs set to 9 volts.

Unless you actually need the two adjustable voltage channels, just go buy and a One Spot. It'll power more than 15 Dittos and you can buy the combo pack with daisy chain and adaptors for less than the cost of the Dr Tone thingy.
Guitarist, Guitar Teacher, Guitar Tech, ex-physicist.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

My ditto looper stopped working. I have the correct power supply but it still wont work. It stopped after 20-30 uses. The music store I bought this from wont take it back.
Can I send this to TC Electronics for a new one or a fix??
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

I found this thread because I was having the same issue until I realized the embarrassing mistake I was making. The Ditto pedal doesn't have "in" and "out" marked and I accidentally had my cables in the opposite way. 😑 check and make sure you didn't make the same mistake!