Contributor - Level 1

Flashback 2

Hi. I have a flashback 2 delay that I've had an issue with since I purchased it. No matter which mode I'm on, there is no audible delay sound until the effect level knob reaches 9 or 10 o'clock. Should this be the case?

Craig84 Contributor - Level 1 2019-11-01

2019-11-01

Flashback 2

Hi. I have a flashback 2 delay that I've had an issue with since I purchased it. No matter which mode I'm on, there is no audible delay sound until the effect level knob reaches 9 or 10 o'clock. Should this be the case?

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Highlighted
Regular Contributor - Level 3

Re: Flashback 2

That's normal behaviour, the response of the level knob is tailored that way to make it easier to fine tune the level if you use your delay into the front of a distorted amp and need much lower levels to keep it neat and tidy  If you use it with clean amps / fx loops, just crank it up. That way everybody is happy 

Triber

Hi Craig.
Like already mentioned, this is normal behaviour. 
It actually goes down to -100 dB if I remember correctly, so there is still delay if you're playing into a lot of gain afterwards.

For your own TonePrints (if you have tried making those) it's possible to tailor the behaviour of e.g. the effect level knob to your own liking in the TonePrint App. 

Best Regards,
Lars

Lars Frederiksen | Triber, Music Tribe Community Guidelines | FAQs
Triber Moderator

Hi Craig,

as Lars writes, you can customise the curve of the FX level parameter in the Toneprint editor:

• click on any FB 2 template in editor to select it
  • click the "pencil" icon to edit parameters
  • click on "mappings" tab and then on the (virtual) Level potmeter to access the value curve
  • Change the 5 curve points to any setting that fits your sound and playing style
  • P.s. You can also change FX level of your delays dynamically via MASH switch on top of the delay level mapping of potmeter ...eg if you just want to momentarily rise or attenuate delay level by a couple of dB

fb32 level curve.PNG

TC Mike | Triber Moderator, Music Tribe Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs