Contributor - Level 2

Harmonies are not working well on VK

Midi is reaching the VK, and the correct harmonies seem to be selected (for example, one above or one above/one below), but they are not fitting the chords at all. The unit changes notes with the keyboard, but they aren't the right notes to fit what is being played. They keyboard is not transposed or anything.

Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong here?

Steve
Tags (1)
SteveKatsikas Contributor - Level 2 2018-08-11

2018-08-11

Harmonies are not working well on VK

Midi is reaching the VK, and the correct harmonies seem to be selected (for example, one above or one above/one below), but they are not fitting the chords at all. The unit changes notes with the keyboard, but they aren't the right notes to fit what is being played. They keyboard is not transposed or anything.

Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong here?

Steve

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Harmonies are not working well on VK

A factory reset seemed to solve the issue.
Contributor - Level 2

Well, problem is back. Essentially, the harmony notes are just wrong. Midi seems to be working fine as the unit blinks with each keypress, but the harmonies are not in the "chord" and don't follow the music.

Gear:

Yamaha Motif XF8 connected via midi out to the Helicon VK midi in port

Strangely, works fine with my Voicelive 3, so doesn't seem to be something in my kb settings.
Triber Moderator

Hey Steve,
Can you please give some info on how you're using your keyboard? Are you playing fully-voiced chords, or mostly melody lines? Even a video of your playstyle would be really helpful. Thanks!
Testing engineer at TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.
Contributor - Level 1

Hi There,

I have the exact same problem.
I use Perform-VK with my arranger (Roland Bk5) and sometimes with my master keyboard (Studiologic Sl88)
I tried it with my older keyboard Korg Pa3Xle too. With no success.

The only way it "sings" the correct harmonies, if choose Note Mode, but in this case I have to use a hold pedal for my left hand.
The VK shows incoming midi messages - but the cords are not correct.
Is there any way to force the unit to listen only midi in. (Not internal mic, or aux-in)