How can I use the buttonmap to turn G amp on and off within patch
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

I'm trying to use the buttonmap to assign control of G amp guitar effect in my Voicelive3 Extreme. Although I can assign G amp to the Hit button, go to the amp effect tab and see the Hit Control icon spin, the amp remains on regardless. Other effects like delay, wah, modulation, etc. assign and function predictably. The manual is not all that helpful for this specific item.....or maybe I'm just not reading it properly.

As an alternative I've used the step function to jump from a patch with the amp off to an identical patch with the amp on. This works but I'd like to use the simpler option of button assignment if I can.

Has anyone seen/resolved this issue? Have I missed something important?

Helicon VoiceLive3 Extreme firmware 2.0.00 build 311
DaveBeal Contributor - Level 1 02-04-2019

02-04-2019

I'm trying to use the buttonmap to assign control of G amp guitar effect in my Voicelive3 Extreme. Although I can assign G amp to the Hit button, go to the amp effect tab and see the Hit Control icon spin, the amp remains on regardless. Other effects like delay, wah, modulation, etc. assign and function predictably. The manual is not all that helpful for this specific item.....or maybe I'm just not reading it properly.

As an alternative I've used the step function to jump from a patch with the amp off to an identical patch with the amp on. This works but I'd like to use the simpler option of button assignment if I can.

Has anyone seen/resolved this issue? Have I missed something important?

Helicon VoiceLive3 Extreme firmware 2.0.00 build 311

Super Contributor - Level 1

Re: How can I use the buttonmap to turn G amp on and off within patch

@DaveBeal wrote:
I'm trying to use the buttonmap to assign control of G amp guitar effect in my Voicelive3 Extreme. Although I can assign G amp to the Hit button, go to the amp effect tab and see the Hit Control icon spin, the amp remains on regardless. Other effects like delay, wah, modulation, etc. assign and function predictably.

Hi Dave,

Don't get the Hit button assignment mixed up with the Buttonmap assignments, they are not the same. If you want to turn on and of G Amp with a footswitch, there are two ways of doing it.

1) Go to the Guitar > Amp tab and set the Hit Control to either Hit On or Hit Off. Hit On means G Amp turns on when you press Hit, whereas Hit Off means G Amp is normally on, but turns off when you press Hit. Other effects can be assigned to the Hit footswitch as well, and they will then turn on or off together with the G Amp, depending on their Hit Control settings.

2) Go to the Buttonmap and assign any footswitch you like to G Amp. The footswitch will then no longer control whatever it was controlling before. I.e. if you assign the Hit footswitch, you then no longer have access to controlling Hit in that preset. However, you will be able to turn on and off the G Amp irrespective of what else you have on and off.

If you want to have control of the G Amp and still be able to use Hit to switch on and off multiple effects at the same time, just assign the G Amp to some other footswitch that you don't need. E.g. if you always have your reverb on anyway, just assign G Amp to the Reverb footswitch. You then can switch on and off the G Amp while still having access to Hit. The Hit Control on the Reverb tab should simply be On (not Hit On), meaning reverb is constantly on.