Contributor - Level 3

How many USB ports on the computer? USB HUB?

When I look at the diagrams for hookup, it appears that three USB A connections are required on the DAW/PC per the hook-up examples.

Given my main PC is a laptop, and one of the existing usb's in tied up in a Logitech Mouse, I need to use a USB hub. * I can get a new 3.0 / fast hub... but wanted to get some input on the use of a hub.

Have any of you used a USB hub with your Neutron?

* The other two route to my Nektar Impact LX88+ Keyboard/Controller and to the Behringer UMC404HD Audio Interface
GlennCummings Contributor - Level 3 2018-09-30

2018-09-30

How many USB ports on the computer? USB HUB?

When I look at the diagrams for hookup, it appears that three USB A connections are required on the DAW/PC per the hook-up examples.

Given my main PC is a laptop, and one of the existing usb's in tied up in a Logitech Mouse, I need to use a USB hub. * I can get a new 3.0 / fast hub... but wanted to get some input on the use of a hub.

Have any of you used a USB hub with your Neutron?

* The other two route to my Nektar Impact LX88+ Keyboard/Controller and to the Behringer UMC404HD Audio Interface

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

USB w/ Neutron

Glenn,

Based on the information you provided, you may not need any extra USB connections for your Neutron.

The Neutron does not provide audio over USB, only MIDI. You already have a controller keyboard and an audio interface.

If your Nektar controller will also function as a MIDI interface for your DAW, converting MIDI note outs to physical MIDI the following should work.

DIN MIDI from your Nektar Out to the Neutron In.
Audio out of Neutron to Audio in on your Behringer interface.
Your DAW can record MIDI note info from the Nektar and audio from the Neutron via the Interface.
Contributor - Level 3

Re: How many USB ports on the computer? USB HUB?

I am scheduled to receive my Neutron this Friday and will certainly hook it up and try it as you recommend. If I can avoid a hub.. I'll be happy.