FlashbackFan44 Contributor - Level 1 12-19-2018

12-19-2018

How many guitar do you own?

Hi guys, as a start, I'd like to know how many axes you have Smiley Wink

I have a Yamaha Pacifica and a Harley Benton HB35-Plus. Nothing fancy, but that's well enough to make cool music.

• 9 Kudos
  • 27 Replies
Contributor - Level 1

Re: How many guitar do you own?

One Yamaha and one Soviet acoustic guitar

old school?
Contributor - Level 2

Hi
I  own 2 electric guitars... an olympic white Strat American Standard (mid 90s) and a custom Red Special replica (2002/2003 circa - yes, Brian May rules! Smiley Very Happy ) + an acoustic apx yamaha
everything lefthanded of course Smiley Wink

Contributor - Level 2

56 and 5 basses

Contributor - Level 2

So I have a 72 precision frettless bass a Spector 4 sting an early samic 5 string no 56 a 74 liver rickenbacher n a couple of others n guitars I have a tvl signature Yamaha a peavey signature a 74 Ibanez Les Paul it was my first guitar a Gibson custom shop 04 a prs a few acoustics an iceman an explorer a Brian May signature an old Kay a hss strat a blonde Tele a um carnt remember all of them will have a look n update later

Solution Leader

3 electric- Squire Strat and a SG style 1979 Ibanez Artist with vine inlay

4 basses- 1979 Ibanez artist bass, Squire Strat, 1982 Westone fretless, 1986 Vantage neck through body with EMG pickups

1 Acoustic- handmade JDS, birdseye maple sides and back, spruce top, ebony fingerboard

David Hilderman | Triber, Music Tribe If you found my post helpful, go ahead and give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs
Volunteer Moderator

The only guitar I will admit to playing live that I still own is my single-owner 1990 Rickenbacker 330 JetGlo. I bought it new in 1991, and it has been my main axe ever since. It replaced a 1980 Epiphone Emperor F (Matsumoku, Japan) that was borrowed from my dad and never returned; I sold that guitar in 2012, which I greatly regret, now. But, I also play bass, and I play a 2000 Ernie Ball/Music Man StingRay fretless and a 2002 Wawrick Custom Shop Corvette Proline short scale fretless.

My beater guitars are a 1985 Ibanez RS110 Roadstar II, a 1996 Yamaha F-310 dreadnought acoustic, and a 1999 Yamaha APX4 acoustic-electric, all of which my dad left behind when he died, plus I have a $35 yard sale special Squier Mini with 4 strings, tuned GDAE like an octave mandolin, that's a lot of fun to play (except the part where the tuners are terrible and it goes out of tune after one song).

Gemma Seymour (she/her), Volunteer Moderator, Multi-Instrumentalist, "The Eliza Effect", Northeast United States (UTC -05:00), Lang: en (native), de (bißchen/rostig), jp 日本語 (少し), 40+ yrs public performance, 30+ yrs pro audio, 25+ yrs technology consulting, 20+ yrs gigging/recording artist
Super Contributor - Level 2

I might suggest that a better question is: How many guitars do you PLAY? I've owned many and flipped many. Generally people stick to a couple of active player guitars IME. I'm always interested in what they play and why. What is the go-to?

For me it's a little more complicated, in that I play a few styles of guitar, and also gig. I have a few go-to at home to cover more range, and a couple go-to for gigs.

My desert-island guitar is an Anderson Mongrel HH with coil taps. It does everything from tele to superstrat tones, has a decked trem that allows for detuning on the fly, and I can cover anything with it. If I can take only one, that's the one. It's my avatar guitar.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5462.jpg

G System Black iB mod
Highlighted
Solution Leader

I play 1 acoustic (handmade one of a kind), an ibanez SG inspired, a Squire Strat a double-neck Guitar/Bass that a bought on Alibaba from China, then had it cut in half to reduced in size as well as add material to the horn to improve balance.
David Hilderman | Triber, Music Tribe If you found my post helpful, go ahead and give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs