Super Contributor - Level 2

Intentions to publish control protocol?

Hi,
at current prices the Deepmind 12 is even more tempting than before. What keeps me from buying one, though, is that there's neither a Linux application nor an Android app. So, as a third option I'd like to know if there are any intentions to open the control protocol for the public?

Edit:

OK, sorry, it seems my post is rather pointless, isn't it? It all seems to be done via the already published MIDI SysEx and NRPN commands over RTP-MIDI, right? So, all that's left to ask is how complete the documentation is?

Kind regards,
Felix
FelixHomann Super Contributor - Level 2 2017-12-20

2017-12-20

Intentions to publish control protocol?

Hi,
at current prices the Deepmind 12 is even more tempting than before. What keeps me from buying one, though, is that there's neither a Linux application nor an Android app. So, as a third option I'd like to know if there are any intentions to open the control protocol for the public?

Edit:

OK, sorry, it seems my post is rather pointless, isn't it? It all seems to be done via the already published MIDI SysEx and NRPN commands over RTP-MIDI, right? So, all that's left to ask is how complete the documentation is?

Kind regards,
Felix

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Intentions to publish control protocol?

The documentation was well done and was clear enough for me to write a genetic algorithm based patch evolver.
Super Contributor - Level 2

Michael Allen;138571 wrote:
The documentation was well done and was clear enough for me to write a genetic algorithm based patch evolver.

Yes, that's why I already admitted my dumbness in the first post's edit
Contributor - Level 2

The Windows app runs flawlessly through Wine though. All you need is
libalsa
and
libalsaplugins
and maybe
winetricks
Contributor - Level 2

Were you able to read the currently selected or all of the current patch names?

I did not see that in the spec and its not a standard.
ultimately I would like to have the names of the patches to show the user after a program change event.