Re: Is it possible to rool back a firmware update for the Behringer Neutron
Contributor - Level 1

Is it possible to rool back a firmware update for the Behringer Neutron

Have recently updated my Neutron from the default firmware it came with to v.2 and find  that the machine is no longer recognized by Windows. Why is this and  how  can I fix the problem?

EddieRos Contributor - Level 1 2019-04-02

2019-04-02

Is it possible to rool back a firmware update for the Behringer Neutron

Have recently updated my Neutron from the default firmware it came with to v.2 and find  that the machine is no longer recognized by Windows. Why is this and  how  can I fix the problem?

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Contributor - Level 1

check out these steps and make sure you did all of them, incl the uninstall of the update drivers

1) Attach the Neutron to your computer via USB and power on so that the device will be recognized by the computer (it will automatically install the wrong/bad driver).

2) Download the latest version of the Zadig updator here- https://zadig.akeo.ie (It is SAFE)
3) Power off the Neutron.
4) With a paperclip or pen press & hold the recessed “BOOT” button on the back panel of the Neutron synth, power on the Neutron synth then release the ‘BOOT’ button.
5) Open the Zadig Application and, under Options, select "List All Devices. You should see SMT32 Bootloader as an option from the top drop down list. Select SMT 32 Bootloader. If not you didn't put Neutron in boot mode and it will have Neutron(1) as option.
6) Bottom Right has drop down menu for "Install Driver" or "Install WCID Driver". Click "install WCID Driver" button then click on left side of the box the drop down menu is in and a pop-up window should appear saying it is installing.
7) Once the installation is complete, keep the Neutron in boot mode and run the Neutron 2.0 installation program, which should now execute properly. If it doesn't go back to Zadig and click on Install Driver from drop down, click on the box, it will install, and hopefully work.
8) Reboot the Neutron once the update is complete and plug it back into your computer.

NOW Neutron will not be recognized by any programs as a midi device or the Neutron software

1) Go to device manager and find Neutron(mine was in Universal Bus Devices).

2) Uninstall and Delete driver for Neutron(Make sure delete driver box is checked when unistalling).

3) I restarted my computer(not sure you have to).

4) Start Zadig again and then turn on Neutron in Boot Mode again(hold Boot button and press power). Under Zadig options choose List All Devices again and choose the STM32 Bootloader. In lower right drop down menu, choose install WCID driver again and you should see it saying installing. Turn on and off Neutron and DAW or Neutron Software should recognize it. In software, make sure to go down to midi options and choose Neutron as midi in and out device. If it still is not recognized try Zadig again and try Install Driver(Not WCID) and install(press on box). 

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

EddieRos did this fix the issue for you?

edit: I had to manually change the driver of the Neutron to 'USB Audio Device' for it to pick up, simply uninstalling in device manager only led to windows reinstalling the wrong one.