Contributor - Level 1

MR 18 is unable to reproduce the input signal error-free on the output

The Midas MR 18 cannot reproduce the input signal exactly on the output under certain circumstances. I produce my electric guitar sound via VST with a UR22. The signal is then passed on to the Midas MR 18. I noticed that the output signals on all outputs and AUX channels of the MR 18 sound scratchy. This scratching depends on the setting of the output on the interface (high output = more scratching).
In all tests the correct setting of the gain on the MR 18 was taken care of.

At the same time the interface is not responsible for scratching as some tests have shown. No matter what is set on the interface, it delivers the sound flawlessly.

Somehow the signal processing on the Midas 18 seems to depend on the internal gain setting.

For testing purposes, the signals sent to input and output were recorded and compared.
Apparently this problem occurs ONLY with distorted guitars.

I've attached a sound file that plays the input signal first and then the output signal.

Kind regards,

Konstantin Heiss, Last Kind Words

Last_Kind_Words Contributor - Level 1 2019-11-04

2019-11-04

MR 18 is unable to reproduce the input signal error-free on the output

The Midas MR 18 cannot reproduce the input signal exactly on the output under certain circumstances. I produce my electric guitar sound via VST with a UR22. The signal is then passed on to the Midas MR 18. I noticed that the output signals on all outputs and AUX channels of the MR 18 sound scratchy. This scratching depends on the setting of the output on the interface (high output = more scratching).
In all tests the correct setting of the gain on the MR 18 was taken care of.

At the same time the interface is not responsible for scratching as some tests have shown. No matter what is set on the interface, it delivers the sound flawlessly.

Somehow the signal processing on the Midas 18 seems to depend on the internal gain setting.

For testing purposes, the signals sent to input and output were recorded and compared.
Apparently this problem occurs ONLY with distorted guitars.

I've attached a sound file that plays the input signal first and then the output signal.

Kind regards,

Konstantin Heiss, Last Kind Words

Valued Contributor - Level 2

Re: MR 18 is unable to reproduce the input signal error-free on the output

Hi Konstantin ( @Last_Kind_Words ), 

Welcome to the community.  What is the level of the signal from the UR22 showing at the input of the MR18?  It should be around -18dB. Can you save a scene file of your mixer config and post it here so we can have a look at your mixer settings?  Use "Choose File" in the lower-left when replying to this post. 

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver