Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

MS-101 Recommended changes for next firmware update

Hey guys,

I wanted to share some constructive thoughts on areas a firmware update could possibly improve/address on the MS-101.

1. Poor sensitivity at the bottom of the range for BOTH the Glide & The LFO Clock

On my unit, Glide remains off until the knob is turned about a 1/8 of a revolution. By the time it does turn on, it is already slewed enough to be past the point of where I consider the sweet spot. I'm guessing the glide pot is digitally implemented, explaining why it suddenly turns on. Hopefully that doesn't kill the ability to address this, especially if it is tied into the sequencer.

As for the LFO, my issues are with the initial steep logarithmic curve of the slider. It goes from very slow to about 60hz within maybe a MM worth of travel. That lower range is an area I make use of often for droning type sounds. This one seems possible, as the LFO clock is digitally implemented, and a curve setting could even be added in the SynthTool software as an option to not break legacy behavior.

2. Sequencer - will there be a way to increase sequence length ever? At the moment, it is pretty limited.

Please please please Uli!

smilingcircuits Contributor - Level 1 2019-11-04

2019-11-04

MS-101 Recommended changes for next firmware update

Hey guys,

I wanted to share some constructive thoughts on areas a firmware update could possibly improve/address on the MS-101.

1. Poor sensitivity at the bottom of the range for BOTH the Glide & The LFO Clock

On my unit, Glide remains off until the knob is turned about a 1/8 of a revolution. By the time it does turn on, it is already slewed enough to be past the point of where I consider the sweet spot. I'm guessing the glide pot is digitally implemented, explaining why it suddenly turns on. Hopefully that doesn't kill the ability to address this, especially if it is tied into the sequencer.

As for the LFO, my issues are with the initial steep logarithmic curve of the slider. It goes from very slow to about 60hz within maybe a MM worth of travel. That lower range is an area I make use of often for droning type sounds. This one seems possible, as the LFO clock is digitally implemented, and a curve setting could even be added in the SynthTool software as an option to not break legacy behavior.

2. Sequencer - will there be a way to increase sequence length ever? At the moment, it is pretty limited.

Please please please Uli!

Accepted Solutions
Triber Moderator

Re: MS-101 Recommended changes for next firmware update

Hi Smilingcircuits,

thanks for the feedback. I'll pass it on to the synth team for consideration.

Best regards,

Mike

TC Mike | Triber Moderator, Music Tribe Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs

View solution in original post

Triber Moderator

Hi Smilingcircuits,

thanks for the feedback. I'll pass it on to the synth team for consideration.

Best regards,

Mike

TC Mike | Triber Moderator, Music Tribe Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs

View solution in original post

Contributor - Level 1

Awesome. You guys are on top of things!

Contributor - Level 1

+1 - Glide needs to be fixed please! The feature is not useable.