Highlighted
shx Contributor - Level 2
Contributor - Level 2

MS-101 Sequencer start on playback

Hello!

Just added the MS-101 to our kit list - upgraded its firmware to 1.0.8 to fix MIDI-IN over DIN (by the way, the .app for OSX included in the firmware zip doesn't work in Mojave, had to use Windows to complete the update).

Couple of questions:

1. There's nothing in the manual about stopping the sequencer starting when playback starts in DAW, how do we do this?

2. Does the MS-101 receive midi clock via MIDI IN? AMT8's suggest the MS-101 is sending midi clock, not receiving?

Cheers, 

Steve

shx Contributor - Level 2 2019-05-12

2019-05-12

MS-101 Sequencer start on playback

Hello!

Just added the MS-101 to our kit list - upgraded its firmware to 1.0.8 to fix MIDI-IN over DIN (by the way, the .app for OSX included in the firmware zip doesn't work in Mojave, had to use Windows to complete the update).

Couple of questions:

1. There's nothing in the manual about stopping the sequencer starting when playback starts in DAW, how do we do this?

2. Does the MS-101 receive midi clock via MIDI IN? AMT8's suggest the MS-101 is sending midi clock, not receiving?

Cheers, 

Steve

• 0 Kudos
  • 13 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Triber Moderator

Re: MS-101 Sequencer start on playback

Hi SHX,

please try the latest 1.1.2 firmware update and let me know if this fixes the issue.

http://downloads.music-group.com/software/behringer/MS101_Firmware_V1.1.2.zip

ms101 release notes 1..12.PNG

TC Mike | Triber Moderator, Music Tribe Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs
Triber Moderator

Hi shx,

you can configure the start behavior of the sequencer via Midi SysEX messages.

Please see this thread here and the response from our main developer:

https://community.musictribe.com/t5/Synthesizers/MS-101/m-p/266030#M2177

he also attached the sysEX messages to be send to your MS 101, so you don't have to figure them out on your own via the specs.

I have to pass question 2 back to the develpoeras i don't have a MS 101 to try it with and get back to you once i have more infos.

Cheers,

Mike

TC Mike | Triber Moderator, Music Tribe Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks Mike.

I actually tried the beta firmware version 1.1.1; this fixed both problems. Presumably once the sequencer was swtiched off, it stopped sending clock data. The ms101 now works with our DAW as expected - thanks for your help.

Best,

Steve

Triber

Please use below tool to activate/deactivate the response to the external master real-time message--auto play/stop.

Please use the setting tool for Windows

Mac version

Thank you

Eden Chen | Triber, Music Tribe Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs
Contributor - Level 2

Sorry chaps - the tool doesn't appear to do anything, certainly isn't stopping the sequencer from starting when pressing play in the DAW.

- Changed back to Firmware version 1.0.8.
- Opened tool in Windows, connected via USB, clicked 'deactivate' - success message shown.
- Disconnected USB (because we use MIDI DIN), restarted MS-101, opened Ableton, hit play, MS-101 starts sequence.

- Tried both options in the tool, activate and deactivate, doesn't appear to be any difference.

Any ideas or should we go back to firmware beta version 1.1.1 ?

Best,
Steve

Triber

Hi shx,

Did you update your device to 1.1.2 already ?

The tool just for sequencer auto sync with external clock purpose.

Untitled.png

Eden Chen | Triber, Music Tribe Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs
Triber Moderator

Hi SHX,

please try the latest 1.1.2 firmware update and let me know if this fixes the issue.

http://downloads.music-group.com/software/behringer/MS101_Firmware_V1.1.2.zip

ms101 release notes 1..12.PNG

Contributor - Level 2

Smashed it - thanks guys!

Triber Moderator

you're welcome - if you run into any issues, let us know...

Contributor - Level 1

Hi,

Have just got MS101,

Does not accept midi in,

Heard about update, tried to download update, my laptop says it has a virus and deletes it.

On both 1.08 and 1.1.2 version.

How do I get this sorted? Want to get on with playing synth etc.....