Contributor - Level 1

Mini Spark Booster Does not Increase Laed volume

Hi guys,

New here. Have a question for y'all:

Got myself a mini spark booster which worked well with my Zoom G5N/ Bassbreaker 15 set up. However, I recently bought a BOSS Katana 100 with Footswitch and I seem to be having problems with having the mini spark work with my lead patch ( Distortion+Delay+Reverb ). It works well with the Clean and Crunch patches but not the lead patch. I recall my patches through the footswitch and run the mini spark straight to the amp input. Is there anything I'm missing? Need help...

Thanks in advance guys!

Deo P.

DeoPatalinghog Contributor - Level 1 2019-09-05

2019-09-05

Mini Spark Booster Does not Increase Laed volume

Hi guys,

New here. Have a question for y'all:

Got myself a mini spark booster which worked well with my Zoom G5N/ Bassbreaker 15 set up. However, I recently bought a BOSS Katana 100 with Footswitch and I seem to be having problems with having the mini spark work with my lead patch ( Distortion+Delay+Reverb ). It works well with the Clean and Crunch patches but not the lead patch. I recall my patches through the footswitch and run the mini spark straight to the amp input. Is there anything I'm missing? Need help...

Thanks in advance guys!

Deo P.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor - Level 3

Re: Mini Spark Booster Does not Increase Laed volume

Running any boost into a distorted pre-amp will only increase the amount of distortion, not the signal level. Boosting the volume only works if there is pre-amp headroom to do so - and it's already distorting, then you've nowhere to go.

One solution for this is to move the Spark to the FX Loop of the Katana - that way you're boosting the signal after the pre-amp, and into the (clean) power amp.