Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

NU3000 blows fuse

New member here, from Canada and that's important.😆

I have an NU3000 that has worked well for me for 7 years or so. I use it in a bass rig and up until recently bi-amped with a crossover. 

I wanted more power so decided to bridge the amp instead. Sounded great and it may only be coincidental that after doing that I started blowing the main fuse. Blowing was preceded by a high pitched squeal that I thought was feedback. 

I obtained the correct fuses to replace but after a short period of use (never redlined either), the amp would squeal and the fuse would blow.

I have not quite given up on it but replaced it in my rig. I don't want to see it go to waste and wonder if anyone has any tips on possible repairs. I'd even send it for service but there is definitely no one locally who will touch it AND there is no authorized service centre in Canada (that's the important part!).

I have a schematic and parts list. I am an electronics guy with better than average soldering capability.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

VanityDIY Contributor - Level 1 2019-10-15

2019-10-15

NU3000 blows fuse

New member here, from Canada and that's important.😆

I have an NU3000 that has worked well for me for 7 years or so. I use it in a bass rig and up until recently bi-amped with a crossover. 

I wanted more power so decided to bridge the amp instead. Sounded great and it may only be coincidental that after doing that I started blowing the main fuse. Blowing was preceded by a high pitched squeal that I thought was feedback. 

I obtained the correct fuses to replace but after a short period of use (never redlined either), the amp would squeal and the fuse would blow.

I have not quite given up on it but replaced it in my rig. I don't want to see it go to waste and wonder if anyone has any tips on possible repairs. I'd even send it for service but there is definitely no one locally who will touch it AND there is no authorized service centre in Canada (that's the important part!).

I have a schematic and parts list. I am an electronics guy with better than average soldering capability.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• 0 Kudos
  • 0 Replies