Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Need ideas for tutoring people about music through Youtube

Hello, fellow quarantined musicians. Just like most artists, i'm struggling to find a replacement work that i could try doing at home. I worked at a musical instrument shop, it's more aimed at beginners/budget musicians, so we used to get a lot of these types of customers. I always received a ton of random questions about music, so I thought it would be a nice idea to start a youtube channel aimed at that public in my little eastern European country, not many musicians really do this here. So far, i'm thinking of making videos about: Proper ways to practice, How to take proper care for your instruments/gear, how to learn improvising, do you really need to learn classical music, a tutorial on learning your first cover.. etc. What otUKdistanceher fundamental things about music should i teach? And what should i keep in mind? I've had both good and bad teachers in my youth, so i see this as a very responsible thing. Thank you for any any help in advance!

giselegadot3 Contributor - Level 1 2020-03-22

2020-03-22

Need ideas for tutoring people about music through Youtube

Hello, fellow quarantined musicians. Just like most artists, i'm struggling to find a replacement work that i could try doing at home. I worked at a musical instrument shop, it's more aimed at beginners/budget musicians, so we used to get a lot of these types of customers. I always received a ton of random questions about music, so I thought it would be a nice idea to start a youtube channel aimed at that public in my little eastern European country, not many musicians really do this here. So far, i'm thinking of making videos about: Proper ways to practice, How to take proper care for your instruments/gear, how to learn improvising, do you really need to learn classical music, a tutorial on learning your first cover.. etc. What otUKdistanceher fundamental things about music should i teach? And what should i keep in mind? I've had both good and bad teachers in my youth, so i see this as a very responsible thing. Thank you for any any help in advance!

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Re: Need ideas for tutoring people about music through Youtube

Hey,

i think definitely instrument maintenance is key to becoming a successful musician - having a guitar with rough fretboard edges, a loose jack or a bowed neck will get in the way. Saying that, education the fact that expensive gear isnt necessary to becoming a successful musician is also vital. I like to highlight these points in my conversations with musicians (often beginners) quite a lot. Definitely knowing how to dial in a good tone, and tuning your instrument is of essence aswell. Let me know if you'd like me to expand on that.

ps. I also come from a small country in Eastern Europe Smiley Wink

Piotr Haba
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Re: Need ideas for tutoring people about music through Youtube

i think definitely instrument maintenance is key to becoming a successful musician - having a guitar with rough fretboard edges, a loose jack or a bowed neck will get in the way. Saying that, education the fact that expensive gear isnt necessary to becoming a sucbd products shop ccessful musician is also vital. I like to highlight these points in my conversations with musicians (often beginners) quite a lot. Definitely knowing how to dial in a good tone, and tuning your instrument is of essence aswell. Let me know if you'd like me to expand on that.