RainerDoeffinge Contributor - Level 2 2018-12-12

2018-12-12

Neutron App not finding Neutron Synth via USB

Hi all, my Neutron Synth is connected via USB to my Macbook Pro (OS High Sierra) and I am using Ableton Live 10 as a DAW. Today I updated the Firmware of the Synth to version 2.0.0 (update was shown as "completed" and I was asked to turn the synth off and on). I also downloaded the Neutron App/Editor but it's not connecting to the Synth. When clicking on the USB symbol on top right corner, it's showing an error "Neutron not connected". The connection seems to work though as Ableton is finding the Neutron as a USB (Midi) device. Anyone having the same issues? Thanks.

• 5 Kudos
  • 63 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Re: Neutron App not finding Neutron Synth via USB

Hi, I'm running Mojave on mac. This was bugging me for ages and I've got it working now (I emailed Behringer customer support about it and they helped me out). Basically, on the latest version of the Neutron software in the "Options" section there is a section that says "Midi device". If you change In and Out to Neutron, the app will connect and the USB icon will light up.

Should have been more obvious that it works like this but there you go...
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks, worked for me.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

This also worked for me. It´s a Driver mismatch after the upgrade via zdiag. Set it manually back to Standard-USB-Audio in Windows 10 Devicemanager. Don´t forgett to set all the midi settings in the DAW new, the old ones are deleted.

Thanks a lot

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

hi im having trouble with windows 10 do you have a patch fix ?

Contributor - Level 1

dear busy moderator, can you give any senseful advice to the users ? people hardly trying to find out how neutron works. deleting users posts is on the lowest level to bring anything foreward here. i sit in my studio, trying evetything behringer shows in the manual but nothing works. i already changed all cables to be shure about this.  it is really anoing to use behringer stuff. 
peace

Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

@Kimpimpi wrote:

dear busy moderator, can you give any senseful advice to the users ? people hardly trying to find out how neutron works.

Sorry, I wouldn't have a clue how it works. I'm an X32/X-Air console user and have no experience with any synths.

deleting users posts is on the lowest level to bring anything foreward here.

I did no such a thing. I just checked the spam folder (where some posts are caught by an AI and there is nothing there). So I have no idea what you are talking about.

i sit in my studio, trying evetything behringer shows in the manual but nothing works. i already changed all cables to be shure about this.  it is really anoing to use behringer stuff. 
peace

Doesn't seem so peaceful to me... If you give some details as to what the problem is, maybe I can see if I can get someone to help you.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks Paul for your friendly answer. Sorry so far.
I tried to install behringers software to control the NEUTRON via computer. My computer did not find the synth NEUTRON after installation. And it was not possible to install the latesd update. I checked all the tech specs like OS and so on and I checked all the cables.
It is hard to follow behringer minimal instructions because they are not really exact and people who already tried to install post` other things. So do you know a site where behringer or other people (prefered) tell how it works? Thanks for your help + greetings from Berlin P.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Problem solved:

1. dl zadig 2.4 drivers and install according to the firmware updater notes neutron

2. start updater

3. start neutron in boot mode (press little hole in back while powering uo

4. when neutron is detected press update firmware

it just worked (win 10)

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Hey Guys, 

I just got my Neutron yesterday and was dealing with this on Mac.  I got it working, but it was a combo of a few different posts on here, so I figured I'd lay it out.

Mac Mini (2018) >> Mojave

1. Turn off Neutron (make sure he's hooked up via USB.. I was hooked up through a hub, didn't seem to matter.  My Mac doesn't have USB-A.. so... yeah)
  2. Close any Neutron software (Updater and/or App).  Get a paperclip or similar and hold down the 'Boot' mini-button on the back of the synth. and power up the device.  It doesn't do it's normal light dance, just a couple lights.  After a few seconds you're good to release.  
  3. Open Firmware Updater (2.02 at time of writing).  Found Neutron instantly.  Proceed to update.  Shouldn't only take a few seconds and it will give you a message saying to 'Success' etc and to power cycle the device.
  4. Turn off, then back on. Neutron is now (hopefully) updated.
  5. I found that it wouldn't see the App on it's factory firmware, once updated; open the app.  On the rightmost column, about half way down, is 'MIDI In/Out'. 'Neutron' should be on both lists.  Select Neutron on both dropdowns (In and Out)  and the App will recognize the synth (assuming the update took).  

Full on updated glory.  Hope it helps.  

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

agree more!!!!!!!!