Contributor - Level 2

Neutron App not finding Neutron Synth via USB

Hi all, my Neutron Synth is connected via USB to my Macbook Pro (OS High Sierra) and I am using Ableton Live 10 as a DAW. Today I updated the Firmware of the Synth to version 2.0.0 (update was shown as "completed" and I was asked to turn the synth off and on). I also downloaded the Neutron App/Editor but it's not connecting to the Synth. When clicking on the USB symbol on top right corner, it's showing an error "Neutron not connected". The connection seems to work though as Ableton is finding the Neutron as a USB (Midi) device. Anyone having the same issues? Thanks.
RainerDoeffinge Contributor - Level 2 2018-12-12

2018-12-12

Neutron App not finding Neutron Synth via USB

Hi all, my Neutron Synth is connected via USB to my Macbook Pro (OS High Sierra) and I am using Ableton Live 10 as a DAW. Today I updated the Firmware of the Synth to version 2.0.0 (update was shown as "completed" and I was asked to turn the synth off and on). I also downloaded the Neutron App/Editor but it's not connecting to the Synth. When clicking on the USB symbol on top right corner, it's showing an error "Neutron not connected". The connection seems to work though as Ableton is finding the Neutron as a USB (Midi) device. Anyone having the same issues? Thanks.

• 4 Kudos
  • 58 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Neutron App not finding Neutron Synth via USB

Same here!
Contributor - Level 1

Tom Ladiges;156862 wrote:
Same here!

Yes, here as well: Neutron can't be found through app AND updater.

I tried OSX High Sierra and Win10. Not working.

In Ableton the instrument is found and usable, though...
Contributor - Level 1

Same issue here

I've installed the app and downloaded the firmware updater. Tried launching the updater with the Neutron on and turning on the Neutron once the app is running. Regardless, the updater can't find the firmware. If there are any other steps to take, I'm not aware of them. There seem to be no instructions. Sure would like to use that fancy new app!
Contributor - Level 2

I think Roman has the answer.

If the Neutron can be found by the updater, it can't be found by anything else.

Actually, I found that Plogue Bidule could find the Neutron after the driver for firmware update had been installed (and worked!), but got an error from the driver.

Once you've got the update done it *seems* you need to completely remove the update drivers before you can use the Neutron again.

i.e. find usb drivers for Neutron in Device Manager and remove with the 'delete files' option.

Some folks have missed that there's a drop down menu 'Midi Connection' in the App where you need to select Neutron for in & out.
Contributor - Level 2

OSX 10.12.6

Same issue, firmware updated but app is not working at all.

no connection to app, also no FW update documents in zip.

Contributor - Level 2

I'm running low Sierra and can't get the app to connect, though the firmware update went just fine.

"Some folks have missed that there's a drop down menu 'Midi Connection' in the App where you need to select Neutron for in & out."

The existence of this menu was implied in the release menu, but where is that drop down menu? I just have the greyed out USB connect icon.
Contributor - Level 2

I'm having the same issue. It will see the Neutron, but when I run the update I get the driver message error. I have several issues beyond this, as follows:
#1- so for updates I will have to pull my Neutron out of my Eurorack, find the chassis and power supply, install it temporarily in the case, do the update and then reverse the process? Model D has the USB Type B on the front panel. Just did that update headache free a few weeks ago.
#2- I had to find my previous firmware update to get the update and troubleshooting procedures . It WAS NOT part of the download package. It would be nice if this, along with the firmware update AND the amended Owners Manual were all part of the ZIP package.
Contributor - Level 2

Sussed it, 3 issues.

1.I run Bidule standalone to configure misc midi routings, Neutron will not allow i/o ports to be checked when Bidule is running.

2.Orb Composer midi ports, Neutron will not allow i/o ports to be checked when Orb Composers midi is running.

3.Neutron App is not saving midi port settings.

OSX 10.12.6
Contributor - Level 2

I have the same issue but on Win10 64bit

I successfully updated to v2 firmware, deleted the driver after using the Zadig app and then allowed Windows to reinstall after a reboot.

I can see that the Neutron is recognised by Windows as a mulltimedia deviceand Zadig reports the driver as WinUSB (v6.1.7600.16385)

However none of my software including the Neutron app, Bitwig, Studio One etc sees it as a midi device.
    Go to page