Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

New VL3 issue after warranty repair

I recently got my VL3 back from warranty repair from the authorized shop in Clearwater, Florida. They fixed the common slight hum by replacing a foot switch component. Now I'm having a strange issue that never happened before, and I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this or have any suggestions.

The issue seems to trigger when either the vocals are too strong or when the VL3's processing power is over taxed. It throws the VL3 into tuning bypass mode, with both the UP/DOWN buttons lit red, cutting off vocals.

It happens whether the mic type is set for the MP76 mic (which I have) or dynamic mic. I'm on version 1.2.02 build 187. I also noticed that the "sensed jacks" only indicate headphone input; it's not detecting/reporting the XLR input, and I tried a different cable and got the same result (but cable is working as vocals are being processed). Any ideas?
Tags (1)
AndrewShaw Contributor - Level 2 11-29-2015

11-29-2015

New VL3 issue after warranty repair

I recently got my VL3 back from warranty repair from the authorized shop in Clearwater, Florida. They fixed the common slight hum by replacing a foot switch component. Now I'm having a strange issue that never happened before, and I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this or have any suggestions.

The issue seems to trigger when either the vocals are too strong or when the VL3's processing power is over taxed. It throws the VL3 into tuning bypass mode, with both the UP/DOWN buttons lit red, cutting off vocals.

It happens whether the mic type is set for the MP76 mic (which I have) or dynamic mic. I'm on version 1.2.02 build 187. I also noticed that the "sensed jacks" only indicate headphone input; it's not detecting/reporting the XLR input, and I tried a different cable and got the same result (but cable is working as vocals are being processed). Any ideas?

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Re: New VL3 issue after warranty repair

i had this same problem. upgrading the firmware fixed it
Contributor - Level 2

Re: New VL3 issue after warranty repair

i had this same problem. upgrading the firmware fixed it