Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

No MIDI-Out from Reaper after updating firmware

So I just got my brand new Behringer Neutron synth today. Finally.
It took me awhile to figure out how to get the MIDI from my Arturia MiniLab into the Neutron, via Reaper, but I finally figured it out. Okay, cool. (Had to have "monitor" enabled for the MiniLab. D'OH. Okay)
So then I updated the firmware on the Neutron, cuz the update includes an important "fix" such that the LFO no longer auto-syncs to the DAW's MIDI clock. It is now easily switchable.
Updating the firmware was a bit of a chore, however. I had to download this Zadig USB driver thingee, cuz the Neutron updater needed a different USB driver. Okay, fine. That worked.
Go back into Reaper, same project that WAS previously working just fine, and? ...
The Neutron started showing up in the MIDI output devices as "!!! N/A: Enabled" GAAHHH!! No longer working. Smiley Sad
After MUCH searching, I tried:
* Moving my Reaper midihw.ini so Reaper would re-build it. No luck. Moved that file back.
* Right-clicking the Neutron MIDI-Out in Reaper's MIDI device settings and selecting "Forget" .. No luck.
* Hand-edited same file to put the Neutron back. No luck.
* Re-booted several times.
* Ran that Zadig thingee again to re-select USB driver. Re-boot ... No luck.
* Choose "Forget" on BOTH the MIDI-In and -Out for the Neutron. No luck.

No more MIDI-Out to my Neutron. As such, I can no longer control my Neutron with my MiniLab or any sort of MIDI from Reaper at all. Obviously, this is an untenable situation. Kinda pisses me off actually.

REALLY REALLY REALLY need this fixed, ASAP. I am strongly suspecting this has something to do with that Zadig thing changing the USB driver for the Neutron.
Thanks.
VaughnStegeman Contributor - Level 2 2018-09-17

2018-09-17

No MIDI-Out from Reaper after updating firmware

So I just got my brand new Behringer Neutron synth today. Finally.
It took me awhile to figure out how to get the MIDI from my Arturia MiniLab into the Neutron, via Reaper, but I finally figured it out. Okay, cool. (Had to have "monitor" enabled for the MiniLab. D'OH. Okay)
So then I updated the firmware on the Neutron, cuz the update includes an important "fix" such that the LFO no longer auto-syncs to the DAW's MIDI clock. It is now easily switchable.
Updating the firmware was a bit of a chore, however. I had to download this Zadig USB driver thingee, cuz the Neutron updater needed a different USB driver. Okay, fine. That worked.
Go back into Reaper, same project that WAS previously working just fine, and? ...
The Neutron started showing up in the MIDI output devices as "!!! N/A: Enabled" GAAHHH!! No longer working. Smiley Sad
After MUCH searching, I tried:
* Moving my Reaper midihw.ini so Reaper would re-build it. No luck. Moved that file back.
* Right-clicking the Neutron MIDI-Out in Reaper's MIDI device settings and selecting "Forget" .. No luck.
* Hand-edited same file to put the Neutron back. No luck.
* Re-booted several times.
* Ran that Zadig thingee again to re-select USB driver. Re-boot ... No luck.
* Choose "Forget" on BOTH the MIDI-In and -Out for the Neutron. No luck.

No more MIDI-Out to my Neutron. As such, I can no longer control my Neutron with my MiniLab or any sort of MIDI from Reaper at all. Obviously, this is an untenable situation. Kinda pisses me off actually.

REALLY REALLY REALLY need this fixed, ASAP. I am strongly suspecting this has something to do with that Zadig thing changing the USB driver for the Neutron.
Thanks.

Contributor - Level 2

Solved

Okay, solved and fixed. DEFINITELY that USB driver I had to install using that Zadig USB crap.
I'm in Win 7, first off, which I should have mentioned. Sorry.
Anyhow, had to go into the Device Manager, with the Neutron plugged in via MIDI, and delete that driver that Zadig installed. Then unplug the Neutron from the computer, reboot the computer, and plug the Neutron back in and let Windows take care of installing a driver for it.
Works as expected again now.
Kinda sucks that we have to install some crappy USB driver to update the firmware, even tho "no driver is needed"