Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

No drive on g system

So I cleared my g system and I guess I shouldn't have. I reset my levels I thought at least, but something has changed because now the gain from my head is gone when the effects loop is turned on with the g system in it. Any ideas what could cause this. It just gives me a completely clean channel... I don't get it.
Tags (1)
Igorsgonemadd Contributor - Level 2 2017-09-23

2017-09-23

No drive on g system

So I cleared my g system and I guess I shouldn't have. I reset my levels I thought at least, but something has changed because now the gain from my head is gone when the effects loop is turned on with the g system in it. Any ideas what could cause this. It just gives me a completely clean channel... I don't get it.

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Re: No drive on g system

Have you hooked up the G-System with the 4 cable method? If the insert loop of the G-System is not activated the preamp will be bypassed and then of course you get a clean tone. I am not sure but I think that by default the insert loop is OFF. Just try and activate it. If this helps and if you want the insert loop ON all the time you can lock it ON in the menu. Otherwise you would have to set and save the insert loop status per patch.
Red G-System
Contributor - Level 2

I thought I had it on, but I'll double check. Thank you sir!
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks so much man... that's all it was. It's back to normal again!!