Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Noise and defective preset

Very good day people, I have a couple of problems with the G-System and the NovaDrive
1.- When switching between presets there is a momentary increase in volume a little uncomfortable while being live.
2.- I do not have a good configuration of the Nova Drive for what they are Alone, at the moment of activating a Preset of "Guitar solos", always I have a frightening Feedback which prevents me to use the "Preset determined for that" and I must use another aided of the Boost
(If any of you have a setup configuration for the novadrive 'Lead Solos Preset', I'm willing to taste it)
3.- I would like someone to give me an appropriate configuration for the G-system Noise Suppressor, since the one I use decreases the volume.

Sorry for my language, use Google Translator and my lack of language knowledge
Tags (1)
elruso686 Contributor - Level 1 2017-09-25

2017-09-25

Noise and defective preset

Very good day people, I have a couple of problems with the G-System and the NovaDrive
1.- When switching between presets there is a momentary increase in volume a little uncomfortable while being live.
2.- I do not have a good configuration of the Nova Drive for what they are Alone, at the moment of activating a Preset of "Guitar solos", always I have a frightening Feedback which prevents me to use the "Preset determined for that" and I must use another aided of the Boost
(If any of you have a setup configuration for the novadrive 'Lead Solos Preset', I'm willing to taste it)
3.- I would like someone to give me an appropriate configuration for the G-system Noise Suppressor, since the one I use decreases the volume.

Sorry for my language, use Google Translator and my lack of language knowledge

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Noise and defective preset

Hi, first of all we should how do you connect the g to the amp (4cm, 2cm).

I had the same problem, i'm hooked 4cm with nova drive in the 1st loop of the g.

I't ended up being a matter of:
1- levels of the 2 channels of the amp
2- levels/gain/attack of the compressor of the g
3- adjustment of loop headroom on the g

just try different settings and you will find a good compromise.

As for the noise gate look around the forum there are some good settings shared

L.C.
Contributor - Level 2

elruso686 wrote:

I have encountered the same problem. Like @Lostcat answered try to align the signal levels. If this is not working, put an attenuator in one of the loops after the Nova drive, which will do the output level stuff.
Problem is that the G-System takes some time until it will apply the output level, so you hear the signal with original level and have to attenuate it otherwise.
elruso686 wrote:

I am using the "soft" gate, -24dB Threshold, 80dB damping and 140dB/s attack. You have to ensure that your threshold is high enough. Otherwise, it will stay on and you get volume decrease or pumping effects. Take a look at the yellow Level indiciator on the G-System: If there is no yellow dash, the noise gate should be off.
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you very much moerker and Lostcat