Contributor - Level 2

Noisy filter emphasis knob

I recently purchased a model d (about two weeks ago)

Everything great until yesterday - when turning the filter emphasis knob and playing at the same time I get a static / noisy sound. Almost like a crackling / rustling sound.

Is there anything I should do to remedy this by myself or should I try to get a replacement at the shop I bought it at?

Any advice appreciated, thanks
StephenPearson Contributor - Level 2 2018-08-20

2018-08-20

Noisy filter emphasis knob

I recently purchased a model d (about two weeks ago)

Everything great until yesterday - when turning the filter emphasis knob and playing at the same time I get a static / noisy sound. Almost like a crackling / rustling sound.

Is there anything I should do to remedy this by myself or should I try to get a replacement at the shop I bought it at?

Any advice appreciated, thanks

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Noisy filter emphasis knob

From your description a common fault in audio electronics,
a crackly potentiometer,
return synth for replacement. ....imo
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks Andy, I really hope not! The unit was "repaired" once by Behringer and then replaced 2 times (the 1st time I might add with a previously used unit when it should have been a new one).

I think it took me almost 6 months and many emails to get this new one I have now.

Can anyone from Behringer chime in here please? I really don't want to have to go through the nightmare of getting it replaced again and explaining my story to a new person every week.

Thanks

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

I just realised you have replied to my previous post from the first Model D that I had, if you are interested this unit was eventually replaced but it seems I am might be having an issue with the replacement one. Would appreciate if you be able to give your input, I have included audio recordings with it.

https://community.musictribe.com/t5/Keys/Model-D-sound-issue-with-certain-settings/m-p/278545#M129