Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Nova Delay Programming issues volatile memory

So just put my new Nova delay on my board this morning. Went through programming presets only to find that certain parameters saved but that the delay time across the entire set of presets with the exception of number 4 was the same as the LAST saved preset. I did just as the manual states for saving. I edited the preset and held the preset button until I got the flash across the three modulation lights albeit the flash was much slower after the first save.

I also noticed that instead of getting the fast flash across the three modulation types it was a slower 1..2..3..across the modulation lights. So I tried again and the same thing except that THIS time my dynamic setting stayed put as did my slapback setting on number four along with number 8 and 9. Again no fast flash across the modulation lights, I got the slow 1..2..3.. and at random any number of presets will be the same as the last delay time that I store.

I got this pedal based on the Afterglow chorus that I got. I figured with the luck I have had with such an inexpensive pedal like the Afterglow that this would be better quality. So far it has been the opposite. If I had known that I would be having these type of issues with a new pedal (random volatile memory), I would got the Eventide Time Factor (always held TC in high regard using their older pedals from the 80s albeit from used stores as I couldn't afford new at the time). I can have a piece of s$%t for a lot less than I spent on this piece of s&%t!!

So far with this experience, TC is not bringing this guy over to their products.

Is anyone on this forum but me having issues with this pedal? And if so, how quickly did it get resolved? Also, is it suddenly acceptable to send out sub par crap like this and deal with the consequence of pissed of end users later? I know this sounds harsh but after over an hour of saving only to find that only certain parameters saved individually, but the delay time saved globally across EVERY preset is enough to make you want to set your thoughts on fire.
Tags (1)
Guitar74 Contributor - Level 1 2017-09-23

2017-09-23

Nova Delay Programming issues volatile memory

So just put my new Nova delay on my board this morning. Went through programming presets only to find that certain parameters saved but that the delay time across the entire set of presets with the exception of number 4 was the same as the LAST saved preset. I did just as the manual states for saving. I edited the preset and held the preset button until I got the flash across the three modulation lights albeit the flash was much slower after the first save.

I also noticed that instead of getting the fast flash across the three modulation types it was a slower 1..2..3..across the modulation lights. So I tried again and the same thing except that THIS time my dynamic setting stayed put as did my slapback setting on number four along with number 8 and 9. Again no fast flash across the modulation lights, I got the slow 1..2..3.. and at random any number of presets will be the same as the last delay time that I store.

I got this pedal based on the Afterglow chorus that I got. I figured with the luck I have had with such an inexpensive pedal like the Afterglow that this would be better quality. So far it has been the opposite. If I had known that I would be having these type of issues with a new pedal (random volatile memory), I would got the Eventide Time Factor (always held TC in high regard using their older pedals from the 80s albeit from used stores as I couldn't afford new at the time). I can have a piece of s$%t for a lot less than I spent on this piece of s&%t!!

So far with this experience, TC is not bringing this guy over to their products.

Is anyone on this forum but me having issues with this pedal? And if so, how quickly did it get resolved? Also, is it suddenly acceptable to send out sub par crap like this and deal with the consequence of pissed of end users later? I know this sounds harsh but after over an hour of saving only to find that only certain parameters saved individually, but the delay time saved globally across EVERY preset is enough to make you want to set your thoughts on fire.

Contributor - Level 1

Re: Nova Delay Programming issues volatile memory

Allow me to apologize, open my mouth, and insert my foot.

So after going over the manual last night I finally found the section on getting rid of the global tap tempo. And this morning after a few minutes, I had my other four presets.

I apologize for the offensive language both to TC Electronic and the users of this forum.

The sounds of this unit and the versatility are amazing.

However, if you need someone to help you layout a manual or possibly make a suggestion the following advice might be helpful: Instead of spending a page reassuring us about the pedal we just purchased, take a paragraph and tell us that some or all of the presets use a global setting for delay time and possibly put the section on getting rid of the global setting and the section on editing presets together.

I am not the only one that either thought there was something wrong with this pedal, or felt ripped thinking that I was stuck with four partially custimizeable presets. It would cut down on warranty issues, returned products, and mad end users.

It is a great pedal, but the far from intuitive manual really takes away from the initial experience.

Still, my rhetoric about the matter was highly uncalled for, and I again offer my deepest apologies.