Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Nova System Effects

I have found conflicting information about the effects in this unit....are they analog or not?
tks
Tags (1)
TEPrewitt23 Contributor - Level 2 02-03-2019

02-03-2019

Nova System Effects

I have found conflicting information about the effects in this unit....are they analog or not?
tks

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Nova System Effects

the Overdrive/Distortion effect is analog, everything else is digital. But don't let that worry you, the A/D converters are awesome and the Nova System is very transparent.
Nova System, Carvin Legacy 3, Bogner Ecstasy
Contributor - Level 2

B Money
Thanks again for you input... When the NS output is adjusted to unity with a guitar signal, how is the noise level? At the present, I use "no" pedals and plug straight into my amplifier and use my effects loop for delay and boost. I am concerned about the amount of guitar signal that may be lost as it passes through the NS...can you shed any light on that concern?
tks
Contributor - Level 2

I run the Nova System in the effects loop of a Carvin Legacy 3, so I don't use the analog drive section at all.
I've never had a problem getting adequate signal level, however you need to understand how the Boost function works and it's effect on output level.
Since the Boost can't increase the output above 0db (which would result in audible distortion), it instead reduces the overall output level when it's off, so it can be perceived as a loss of volume.
If you don't plan on using Boost, you can set 'Boost Max' level to 0db.
Using the Line Input (bypassing the analog Drive effect), my Nova System is extremely quiet.
Nova System, Carvin Legacy 3, Bogner Ecstasy