Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Nova drive - quality by today’s standards?

Hi guys. I wanted to ask any users of the nova drive (past and present) how they would rate the pedal against some of the overdrive/distortion pedals out there at the moment. I personally am very happy with it and the midi functionality is a killer feature. That said, I don’t see may people talking about it’s quality of the sounds. Maybe its a forgotten gem or just forgotten? Thanks guys!
Tags (1)
chriscavilla Contributor - Level 2 2018-03-19

2018-03-19

Nova drive - quality by today’s standards?

Hi guys. I wanted to ask any users of the nova drive (past and present) how they would rate the pedal against some of the overdrive/distortion pedals out there at the moment. I personally am very happy with it and the midi functionality is a killer feature. That said, I don’t see may people talking about it’s quality of the sounds. Maybe its a forgotten gem or just forgotten? Thanks guys!

Contributor - Level 3

Re: Nova drive - quality by today’s standards?

chriscavilla wrote:

That is a great question, too bad nobody answered you! Maybe they thought it was rhetorical. I recently bought a used one to go along with my G- system and I am very impressed with it. I honestly haven't had a chance to use it gigging yet but I could quickly dial up several levels of overdrive and distortion and save them. In the past I have used many OD pedals including, Fulltone II, JHS Sweet Tea, Mojo Hand FX Iron Bell Fuzz, Rivera Blues Shaman, Xotic Effects, BB Preamp, Klon Centaur Replica, Xotic Clean RC Boost, Tube Screamer and others including ZVex and Barber. I think this could realistically replace them all plus the control with the midi is well worth it. I don't know why they discontinued it.