Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Odyssey detunes during usage

Hi all, 

I really love my Odyssey synth and I've got some nice sounds out of it thus far. However, when recording, I realized that the synth detunes over the time which makes the sound no longer fit into my mix. I added a tuner to the synth to visualize this and it seems that the synth detunes while playing (without touching any faders or knobs). I. e. I am starting on a "C" but while continue playing C (either via the keyboard or midi in), the tuner moves towards "B" within a minute or two) . Not sure if this is normal (since the synth isn't digitally controlled)  or if this is a technical issue with my device. Anyone having similar issues? Thanks. Rainer

RainerDoeffinge Contributor - Level 2 2019-09-20

2019-09-20

Odyssey detunes during usage

Hi all, 

I really love my Odyssey synth and I've got some nice sounds out of it thus far. However, when recording, I realized that the synth detunes over the time which makes the sound no longer fit into my mix. I added a tuner to the synth to visualize this and it seems that the synth detunes while playing (without touching any faders or knobs). I. e. I am starting on a "C" but while continue playing C (either via the keyboard or midi in), the tuner moves towards "B" within a minute or two) . Not sure if this is normal (since the synth isn't digitally controlled)  or if this is a technical issue with my device. Anyone having similar issues? Thanks. Rainer

Contributor - Level 1

Re: Odyssey detunes during usage

If it detunes one whole step in a minute that sounds very wrong. Check that your LFO isn't affecting the oscillator, even when the LFO slider is all the way down, if the Oscillator LFO FM slider is up even slightly it will start detuning.