Contributor - Level 2

Pan from left to right on a linked bus XR18

Every pan option I find in the software affects everyone including the mains. I did find one that I can pan left (seond pic), but it doesn't change the right. I can do it manually, but that seems like huge waste of time every time I need and adjustment.

Mix.jpgMix2.jpgpan.jpg

Basically I need it do linked volume change but instead of rasing both it does +20 to the left it does -20 from the right. Much like the pan feature on the P16 works and only affects the bus.

DustinRad Contributor - Level 2 2019-11-05

2019-11-05

Pan from left to right on a linked bus XR18

Every pan option I find in the software affects everyone including the mains. I did find one that I can pan left (seond pic), but it doesn't change the right. I can do it manually, but that seems like huge waste of time every time I need and adjustment.

Mix.jpgMix2.jpgpan.jpg

Basically I need it do linked volume change but instead of rasing both it does +20 to the left it does -20 from the right. Much like the pan feature on the P16 works and only affects the bus.

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Super Contributor - Level 2

Re: Pan from left to right on a linked bus XR18

@DustinRad wrote:

Ok, I see. I've have it not affecting the Mains now thanks! How do I get the pan to adjust and not affect all the other buses?

I'm trying to get it so my bus pan settings (Dustin) don't affect Marvin's bus pan settings. That way we can set up our pans seperally based on stage postiion if we want.

@DustinRad 

If you use the pan controls on the channel's Sends tab, there is a separate control for Bus 1/2 (Dustin) and Bus 3/4 (Marvin). Adjusting either should not affect the other bus pair.

View solution in original post

@DustinRad 

Hi Dustin, welcome to the forum.

1. Your first picture shows the channel to Main LR pan control. This positions the channel in the Main LR mix.

2. The second picture shows to channel to stereo linked buses pan. This positions the channel in the stereo linked bus pair.

3. The third picture shows the bus to Main LR pan. This positions the bus(es) in the Main LR mix.

If you want to pan the vocal channel in the stereo linked buses for an IEM feed, use control 2.

If either 2 or 3 affect the Main LR mix, the monitor bus is being fed to the main mix. To fix this, select the bus, open the Main tab and click the LR button to turn it off (grey).

All these pan controls follow the same law: The side you pan towards will be progressively boosted by a small amount (up to 3dB), the side that you pan away from will be cut progressively (down to off).

Contributor - Level 2

Ok, I see. I've have it not affecting the Mains now thanks! How do I get the pan to adjust and not affect all the other buses?

I'm trying to get it so my bus pan settings (Dustin) don't affect Marvin's bus pan settings. That way we can set up our pans seperally based on stage postiion if we want.

pan.jpg

@DustinRad wrote:

@DustinRad 

If you use the pan controls on the channel's Sends tab, there is a separate control for Bus 1/2 (Dustin) and Bus 3/4 (Marvin). Adjusting either should not affect the other bus pair.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Turns out I could do it also in the picture I posted too, I was getting confused. Got it, thanks everyone!