Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Perform VE

Does the perform VE have an anti feedback feature?

Can the perform VE harmonize without an midi information being sent thru and can it harmonize naturally as the perfom V?

Can fx's such as reverb,delay and echo be turned off individually on the perform VE?

Can all functions be shut off on the perfom VE module when not in use like the perform V?

Can the perform V  or VE send output of just the harmonies while singing the main melody into a mic....just in case I want to track only harmonies for a certain melody on my daw?

Tags (2)
Yash Contributor - Level 2 2019-04-19

2019-04-19

Perform VE

Does the perform VE have an anti feedback feature?

Can the perform VE harmonize without an midi information being sent thru and can it harmonize naturally as the perfom V?

Can fx's such as reverb,delay and echo be turned off individually on the perform VE?

Can all functions be shut off on the perfom VE module when not in use like the perform V?

Can the perform V  or VE send output of just the harmonies while singing the main melody into a mic....just in case I want to track only harmonies for a certain melody on my daw?

• 0 Kudos
  • 17 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Contributor - Level 3

Re: Perform VE

No worries, VE and touch 2 are my main performance buddies so I know a little about the VE. V is definitely the simplest version, but if recording is a big deal I'd say look at the VK. It's similar to the V in terms of effects but more made towards harmonies (and if you play keys especially but it'll do well with other instruments too). In the V you will need to set up the harmonies only using the app or voicesupport I think, whereas on VK you can do it directly on the unit using the harmony button and the wheel. You can use the app too though as far as I recall.

I think on the V when you select a preset you can then turn the corresponding effects up and down on the unit, you can definitely turn the harmonies up on the VK or even max them out removing your lead voice. TRS or XLR shouldn't differ in quality.

There's no such thing as too much reverb

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Hey! So I don't believe the VE has anti-feedback the way the V does, it does have the adaptive tone though which includes a gate that can help prevent feedback. 

No, you will need a MIDI input for harmonisation, and even then it doesn't do harmonies in the usual sense (higher and lower voices) but rather MIDI-voices as in, exactly what you're sending via MIDI (so what you're playing on the keyboard or the MIDI-notes from a DAW).

Yes all effects can be switched on or off individually. However with say delay and reverb they are on the same button, so switching the button on might enable both if that is the setting in the preset, but you can then turn the reverb or delay down individually in that "layer." 

There is a talk/bypass function, holding down the tap-button will send only your dry vocals through the output, no effects. You can't lock it though.

So, if you wanna just record harmonies (and again those are MIDI-voices) on VE the best option would probably be to use the USB recording, channel 1 or 2 (or both) and turn the MIDI-voices all up (this cancels out your natural voice and makes the VE perform as a sort of vocal synth. I honestly can't remember the options on the V, but the VK does have two separate USB-out channels for harmonies only and is really the harmonies-champ in that regard Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Hi Cecelie. Thanks for your responses to my queries.

The perform V seems to be the most simplified module.
As a live performer it seems to adapt and deliver most functionalities with ease.
As a producer it seems a little restricted in terms of its capabilities (outputs,midi,daw connectivity). Pls suggest.

Can I turn up the harmonies on the perform V while singing the actual melody and recording it on my daw?
Can I choose the kind of harmonies I require for a certain melody while tracking my vocals on the perform V?

Does a TRS output differ to an xlr output in terms of sound and quality?
Contributor - Level 3

No worries, VE and touch 2 are my main performance buddies so I know a little about the VE. V is definitely the simplest version, but if recording is a big deal I'd say look at the VK. It's similar to the V in terms of effects but more made towards harmonies (and if you play keys especially but it'll do well with other instruments too). In the V you will need to set up the harmonies only using the app or voicesupport I think, whereas on VK you can do it directly on the unit using the harmony button and the wheel. You can use the app too though as far as I recall.

I think on the V when you select a preset you can then turn the corresponding effects up and down on the unit, you can definitely turn the harmonies up on the VK or even max them out removing your lead voice. TRS or XLR shouldn't differ in quality.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks Cecelie.
Would it be possible to check if the harmonies on the perform V can be turned up completely ... Hence recording only the harmonies and nothing else.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Hey Yash, I don't have access to a perform-v anymore so I can't check for you I'm sorry.. You can always and

download the manual and check that, or maybe after easter @TCH-Spencer (or someone else who has one?) can swoop in and save the day Smiley Wink 

Highlighted
Triber Moderator

Hey @Yash,

Perform-V cannot mute your lead voice, so if you're using harmony voices there's no way to remove the input voice and isolate harmonies.  Perform-VE however can isolate your MIDI-controlled harmony voices and not send your dry voice.

Testing engineer at TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Can Perform VE Morph Shift follow the defined key / scale? It would be a kind workaround for harmony...

I like all the features but an harmony fx with 3rds, Fifth etc is really missing! 

Highlighted
Triber Contributor

Hi @Sezare56 ,

Perform VE doesn't currently have that functionality, but that is something we'll keep in mind for future firmware updates!

Robert Deacon | Triber, Music Tribe I'm here to help! Let me know if you have any further questions, and if I answered your question feel free to like it and "accept it as solution" Community Guidelines | FAQs
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Hi @TCH-Rob

Thanks for answering. Any kind of possible harmony relative to incoming voice would be great.

I'm not sure if with 2.0, Aux In signal can be used instead of room sense. Possible?

I want to control all possible commands with MIDI to switch between different voices / fx settings and modulate them, send midi notes (with Octatrack sequencer), but as a guitar player (without midi guitar equipment), I want to improvise chords sometimes. So as PVE is, I feel like it won't be easy to control harmonies. 

Workarounds? 

I thought about my midi foot controller that can send 4 midi notes per switch (MFC10 YAMAHA).