Rg_20107 Contributor - Level 2 2014-02-18

2014-02-18

Phaser guitar FX in VL3/GTX

Hello everybody, hope someone can help! How can I get a Phaser FX for my guitar? Haven't found so far.. Did I miss something?

• 0 Kudos
  • 49 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Phaser guitar FX in VL3/GTX

TC Electronic has a phase shifter in several of their products. I have a G-System, G-Major and G-Sharp. I think they all have phase shifters. Can't you guys just port one from their design to yours? Do the TC siblings not play well together?
Solution Leader

One time Tore stole my lunch money and I reported him to the principal. Now he doesn't talk to me anymore Smiley Wink

We can and do share tech and algorithms, but most of the time it's not as simple as a direct port of the code.

-Craig
Cheers, Craig Brand Solutions Leader - Broadcast & Streaming
Contributor - Level 2

I'm going to add my name to list of users looking for a phaser ..

I am replacing my Nova System with the VL3 and the Nova does has the phaser in it. As other's have mentioned, can this not be ported to the VL3?

Just a thought. I prefer the phaser and would love to see it in the VL3!

Thanks!

PS: You KNOW we will keep harping on this until it's in so .. get crackin!!! Smiley Happy
Contributor - Level 2

another Phaser Needer here, maybe you could crowd fund it, remember i wanted intelligent harmoniser too

Can I please help you develop the Vl4 plz plz plz

Contributor - Level 1

Yeah a Phaser would be wonderful, I use Phaser in many songs, and instead of only using tha Voicelive, I have to use a extra Phaser pedal, I really was hoping that I could avoid using extra pedals with Voicelive 3, hoped that it would be a all in one solutution. Really hope that there will be a Phaser update in the near future.
Contributor - Level 2

Still...................NO Phaser in GTR Efx Menu.....

These posts about the VL3 not having some sort of phase shifter incorporated in the effects chain are all well over 3 years old!!! I recently purchased a VL3 and was very disappointed that the phase effect was not one of the many effects allocated to the guitar parameters....
Here we are in 2018 and Still NO phase shift capability with the VL3.... In fact it almost makes me feel that the developers have completely forgotten about us!!! Since there haven't been any major upgrades to the VL3 in a number of years.....Smiley SadSmiley SadSmiley Sad
So my question is
WHAT GIVES?????
Contributor - Level 2

Dear Craig & TC Helicon

Smiley Very Happy Dear Craig :

I do hope two things will be in the next firmware update :

#1:
Midi Master Time clock
#2:
Phaser .

I love this machine it's the bomb and in time it will be superceded true as all electronics do in their respective evolutions , but for now , it's a hard to beat unit bang for the buck .

The TC Helix is a really great phaser , it would be a great addition . Midi Master would also take this machine into the serious level of pro/consumer gear .

Thanks Craig , TC and Forum TEAM .

EZ :

[SIZE=6]HR[/SIZE]
Contributor - Level 1

George Haywood;145990 wrote:
These posts about the VL3 not having some sort of phase shifter incorporated in the effects chain are all well over 3 years old!!!

Please add me to the list of people who can't understand why this isn't a feature of this amazing product yet.

Please. Add. Soon.
Contributor - Level 2

Hey Craig,

"We've definitely talked about if/when it might be appropriate to charge for an update"

Please don't score a spectacular own-goal by doing such a thing. I recommend taking a look at what the Novation guys are doing with the Novation Circuit device.

Updates for Circuit not only add significant new features, but are free. That's right major new features - entirely for free. What kind of PR do you think this generates? What you get are an army of loyal fans who actively and enthusiastically recommend Novation Circuit to others.

That's an entire sales force working for you for free. Nothing beats a personal recommendation. Folks saying "Don't hesitate guys! Just buy one, you'll love it!!". At the same time, the addition of new features keeps the device relevant and attractive without having the R&D expense of developing an entirely new hardware platform.

Please think long and hard about the effect that charging for updates will have. Think also about the logistical nightmare of maintaining parallel code branches and back-porting defect fixes across the various versions so that people don't have to pay for it. I've been there and it's a kind of hell that I'm sure you can do without.

Think about the angry new customers who just bought a device and discover a short time later that there is a "paid" upgrade which contains features that they believed were in the product when they bought it. Think about the angry old customers who believe they've been loyal marketeers and recommenders for years - but yet it's the newbies who get the upgrade "for free" out of the box, but yet these old-timers have to pay for it?

Sure, there'll be a handful of folks who will say "Well, I am happy to pay for an upgrade!" - but they are not representative of the majority and they certainly don't understand the negative effects on PR and the user community in general.

I do - I've had it happen on an epic scale with a major commercial product.
So please don't charge for updates. It will backfire spectacularly and is a logistical nightmare.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Just found this link would be interested in everyones thoughts:

https://community.musictribe.com/t5/Musician/Voicelive-3-Phaser-Solved/td-p/211990