Contributor - Level 1

Play Acoustic is jacked and customer service is non-existent

I've tried 2 times now to get Customer service to contact me regarding my $300 pedal that is now just a paperweight. It quit working a few months ago and the first ticket went unanswered and now the second ticket is sitting there rotting away. What does it take to get these people to answer you. For a group that takes such pride in their equipment they sure don't want to stand behind the warranty.

ampman5000 Contributor - Level 1 2020-01-12

2020-01-12

Play Acoustic is jacked and customer service is non-existent

I've tried 2 times now to get Customer service to contact me regarding my $300 pedal that is now just a paperweight. It quit working a few months ago and the first ticket went unanswered and now the second ticket is sitting there rotting away. What does it take to get these people to answer you. For a group that takes such pride in their equipment they sure don't want to stand behind the warranty.

Triber

Re: Play Acoustic is jacked and customer service is non-existent

Hi @ampman5000 !

What's your care ticket number? I can get in touch with our support team about it.

Robert Deacon | Triber, Music Tribe If you found my post helpful, go ahead and give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs