Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

PolyTune 3 LED / Firmware Update Issue

I spent 15 minutes trying to open a support request. After getting to the end and clicking "Submit", here's what I got:

It seems we can't find the page you're looking for.
The page may have been moved or deleted
The link you have may be broken or incomplete
You may have mistyped the URL.
Click here to go back to the home page.

Where do I go from there?

Here's my query:

Hello,

Instructions in manual were followed. I found that when holding down the footswitch and plugging in the DC power, the LED did not come on. The same was true in normal operation without the USB cable plugged into the tuner.

I found I had to plug an instrument cable into the input jack to get the PolyTune 3 to boot. This made Windows recognize the tuner and install drivers. I still had no LED--the driver setup is the only indication I had that the tuner was booting.

I ran the firmware updater anyway. The firmware updater went to 100% and said "update completed", and the tuner appeared to reboot. At that point, the LED did come on.

Any idea why I'd see this LED behavior?

Is there any way to determine if the firmware update worked? To check the installed version? I know too much about software to trust that an "update completed" message necessarily means it actually did complete successfully.

Thank you.

Edit: I tried again using Firefox and after more frustration, seemed to successfully create a support request.
Tags (1)
Loner Contributor - Level 2 2018-11-26

2018-11-26

PolyTune 3 LED / Firmware Update Issue

I spent 15 minutes trying to open a support request. After getting to the end and clicking "Submit", here's what I got:

It seems we can't find the page you're looking for.
The page may have been moved or deleted
The link you have may be broken or incomplete
You may have mistyped the URL.
Click here to go back to the home page.

Where do I go from there?

Here's my query:

Hello,

Instructions in manual were followed. I found that when holding down the footswitch and plugging in the DC power, the LED did not come on. The same was true in normal operation without the USB cable plugged into the tuner.

I found I had to plug an instrument cable into the input jack to get the PolyTune 3 to boot. This made Windows recognize the tuner and install drivers. I still had no LED--the driver setup is the only indication I had that the tuner was booting.

I ran the firmware updater anyway. The firmware updater went to 100% and said "update completed", and the tuner appeared to reboot. At that point, the LED did come on.

Any idea why I'd see this LED behavior?

Is there any way to determine if the firmware update worked? To check the installed version? I know too much about software to trust that an "update completed" message necessarily means it actually did complete successfully.

Thank you.

Edit: I tried again using Firefox and after more frustration, seemed to successfully create a support request.

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
msk Contributor - Level 1
Contributor - Level 1

Re: PolyTune 3 LED / Firmware Update Issue

I had similar frustration getting the firmware to update. I discovered the instructions in the manual are wrong. Here are some things I figured out:

- On my Windows 10 PC, I had to run it in Windows 8 compatibility mode. Running it as a native Windows 10 application caused it to freeze at 0% on the uploading message.

- The manual is wrong -- there is no LED that lights up when connected to the PC.

- The manual misses an important step: connecting an instrument cable in the input jack.

- The correct way to connect is in the firmware updater help:

Firmware Update Procedure.
The procedure requires a PC or Mac with a standard USB Interface and the specified DC power supply.

Do following steps before you start the firmware update application on your PC or Mac:
1. Unplug all cables from the pedal.
2. Connect the pedal to a PC or Mac with the USB cable.
3. Insert a jack cable to the input connector.
4. Press and hold the footswitch on the pedal.
5. Insert the DC power supply plug.
6. Release the footswitch.

Now your PC or Mac will recognize the pedal which is ready to receive a new firmware:
7. Launch the firmware update application.
8. (STEP1) Select the pedal in the combo box (see note).
9. (STEP2) Press the update button when it turns green.
10. Wait for the progress bar to reach 100% and for the pedal to automatically restart.

Note: You should select
Contributor - Level 2

Thank you. I followed a similar procedure, except that I had a patch cable plugged into the input jack when I connected the USB cable to the PC. I can't see why the USB/instrument cable plugging order would matter, since the pedal had no power going to it at that point.

I run Windows 10, but I didn't have to run the firmware updater application in compatibility mode; it just worked. I selected
Contributor - Level 2

Oh, how cute; the forum is still truncating posts. It did it to my first post in this thread, but I had it on the clipboard, and was able to edit the post and add the rest.

It appears that msk's post was truncated as well, and so was my previous one. This time, I did not remember to copy it to the clipboard.

I'm done here. This is substandard. This is a waste of my time and I will not have it.