Contributor - Level 2

Problem Interface config

Hello,

Sorry for my english, please. Smiley Happy

So far I have used the Voicelive 3 after passing it through an external Edirol FA66 card and with it record in Logic or Garageband and without problems. The Voicelive was configured as an input and output device and could record independent tracks and everything ok.

I wanted to try using the Voicelive as the interface itself and be able to skip the other interface. I have configured Voicelive as input and output as I did with the other card. But when I record the first track, for example a solo guitar, being the first no problem.
But the bad thing is that when recording a second track with voice, the sound of the previously recorded track is inserted in the second track. If I configure the card of the computer itself as output and Voicelive as input, I can record that track without problems. But I no longer hear the track I recorded before or what I am recording now.

Before, with Edirol FA66, it was also configured as input and output and did not get the sound of a previous track in others. Here it makes a loop in which the sound that comes out enters again and is recorded again in the tracks that it records later.

Do you know if it is not possible with the Voicelive 3 or is it that I miss something very obvious?

Thank you.
Greetings.
Tags (1)
orson13 Contributor - Level 2 11-27-2017

11-27-2017

Problem Interface config

Hello,

Sorry for my english, please. Smiley Happy

So far I have used the Voicelive 3 after passing it through an external Edirol FA66 card and with it record in Logic or Garageband and without problems. The Voicelive was configured as an input and output device and could record independent tracks and everything ok.

I wanted to try using the Voicelive as the interface itself and be able to skip the other interface. I have configured Voicelive as input and output as I did with the other card. But when I record the first track, for example a solo guitar, being the first no problem.
But the bad thing is that when recording a second track with voice, the sound of the previously recorded track is inserted in the second track. If I configure the card of the computer itself as output and Voicelive as input, I can record that track without problems. But I no longer hear the track I recorded before or what I am recording now.

Before, with Edirol FA66, it was also configured as input and output and did not get the sound of a previous track in others. Here it makes a loop in which the sound that comes out enters again and is recorded again in the tracks that it records later.

Do you know if it is not possible with the Voicelive 3 or is it that I miss something very obvious?

Thank you.
Greetings.

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Triber Moderator

Re: Problem Interface config

Hey Orson,
What do you have your USB settings set to? In the "Setup" menu, on the "Input" tab there's a "USB Mode" setting, and there's a similar one on the "Output" tab. What do you have these set to? Here's what they do (maybe this can solve your problem):

USB Input Mode
To control the way USB audio is handled inside the unit, you have three modes to choose from. They are located directly beneath the “INPUT TYPE” parameter on the SETUP > INPUT page under the “USB MODE” parameter.

Stereo setting
The Stereo setting works as described under "Using USB Audio as an Aux”. Incoming USB audio is routed to the XLR and Headphone outputs. This is best used when you want the audience to hear the USB audio signal, too. NaturalPlay is driven by this input if there’s no Guitar or MIDI data.

DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) Tracking setting
This mode operates in the same was as Stereo with one exception: Incoming audio is not passed to the XLR outputs. It is still present in the headphone output. This allows you to listen to tracks from your recording software, sing/play along, then record the vocal and guitar back to your DAW without the guide tracks.

Please note that if you want guitar and vocal recorded on separate tracks in your DAW, you’ll need to perform two passes of performance, each recorded to a separate new track, once for singing and once for guitar playing.

DAW Insert setting
Use this mode for “post processing” a previously recorded vocal or guitar from your DAW. Typically, a dry vocal or guitar part (i.e., a part that may have been edited and re-timed, but has no effects) is sent to the USB L (vocal) or USB R (guitar) output from your DAW to your VL3X where it heads down the signal path and gets effects added to it.

Notes about DAW Insert mode: To receive and record the processed audio back in your DAW, you will need to create a new “destination” track.

Please note that sending and processing audio via USB will introduce latency, so you’ll likely have to “nudge” the processed track back a bit to line it up with the other tracks.

USB Output Mode
In DAW TRACKING mode only, you may change the USB OUTPUT MODE setting (on the Setup > Output tab) from SAME AS XLR to Dry Vox L/Guitar R. This will send your dry, unprocessed vocals to the Left USB out channel and the processed guitar signal to the Right USB channel.
Attempting to change this parameter in the other USB INPUT modes will result in a message.
Spencer Larsen - Testing Engineer @ TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Problem Interface config

Spencer Larsen;137371 wrote:

USB Output Mode
In DAW TRACKING mode only, you may change the USB OUTPUT MODE setting (on the Setup > Output tab) from SAME AS XLR to Dry Vox L/Guitar R. This will send your dry, unprocessed vocals to the Left USB out channel and the processed guitar signal to the Right USB channel.
Attempting to change this parameter in the other USB INPUT modes will result in a message.

Hi Spender
When I do that on my VL3x both Vox and Guitar is sending dry /unprocessed sound.
INPUT / USB MODE = DAW TRACKING
OUTPUT / USB OUTPUT MODE = DRY VOX L / GUITAR R

On Logic I tested
Input 1 = Dry Vox
Input 2 = Dry guitar
Input 1/2 = Dry Vox / Dry guitar

May I need to do somthing to works?