Contributor - Level 1

Quintessence Toneprint Editor Parameters Documentation/Information

Where can I get documentation for the harmonizer parameters in the toneprint editor? These aren't included in Toneprint Editor manual or the Quintessence manual.

I have a sound in mind, but I'm not quite sure how to set it up.
Tags (1)
gimpd Contributor - Level 1 2017-12-29

2017-12-29

Quintessence Toneprint Editor Parameters Documentation/Information

Where can I get documentation for the harmonizer parameters in the toneprint editor? These aren't included in Toneprint Editor manual or the Quintessence manual.

I have a sound in mind, but I'm not quite sure how to set it up.

• 0 Kudos
  • 5 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Quintessence Toneprint Editor Parameters Documentation/Information

I’d like to know what the tonebend parameters do in quintessence?
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

I would like to know what the tonebend parameters do too. How difficult can it be for one of the knowledgeable techies there to sit down for an hour and produce an instruction and parameter explanation manual/info sheet for all us owners of this potentially super pedal that has cost us €165.00 each.

I've got it harmonising to an A minor pentatonic using stereo outputs to two separate amplifiers with contrasting drive/distortion settings and it sounds awesome, especially when you can punch in and out the effect by just dabbing the pedal whilst soloing. It does Thin lizzy and Iron Maiden harmonies great, particularly as you can put small delays between the dry and wet outputs.

There just seems to be very little support for this pedal on the TC Electronic site apart from the sales spiel about how wonderful it is... You know what to do..............................
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Would you mind sharing your settings for the for the maiden and Lizzy stuff? I jus received the pedal yesterday and am trying to use it for the harmony part of Master of puppets ( E minor I think) and can’t seem to get good results:
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Hi Jcortez1970 To create Thin Lizzy & Iron Maiden Harmonies with the Quintessence you need to be able to use the TonePrint editor. I've only had mine around a week and like you are still sussing it out...

The settings I've used to get neat two guitar harmonies are as follows.

Select the Pentatonic scale in the top left drop-down menu, which should change the current scale to 'Pentatonic minor'.

Set 'Harmony 1' to -2 (or 2 if you want a higher note harmony). You can play with -3 and 3 too.

Set Delay 1 to between 15 and 30 ms. (You'll know when you've got it about right by listening to the slight mismatch of the start of the harmony note sounding.

Select the 'Voice Select' to 1 (for just one harmony) this also with a stereo output to two amps puts the dry and wet guitar sounds panned full left and full right so in each amp you've only got one guitar sound. You can tweek this using the wet and dry levels if you want a bit of bleed from each guitar into the othe amp to get more of a wall of sound effect if you want.

I'm still twiddleing with it, but I'm guessing the Tonebend settings are to do with using the MASH whammy switch or normally bending notes on your guitar by using your fingers or the whammy bar. I think you twiddle them so it does not automatically go up a note when you want to create a note bend (this would sound bloody odd if you were soloing with a 2 fret bend and one and at bit frets it glitched up to the next note!).

Have fun with it. It's a pain to grasp how it works, but as you start to suss it out it gets your creative juices running on how you can manipulate you guitar sound to something pretty awesome and unique using 2 amps, with different reverbs, chorus effects, and delay pedals. the problem with using a single output you don't get the harmonious separation of the effect it creates and it becomes a mono mush!

Let me know how you get on and if you suss out the Tonebend controls...
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

...so you can't program, say, a sharp V, in ____ mode to work around having to mash every time you come to that note?

For example, I'm playing the signature lick, in D, in a I, VI, IV, V pattern using +3 and +5 harmony in Aolean mode. (The only one that 'works'.) I have to "mash" two notes in my scale every time I get there. Thank God it's only an eighth it's run.