Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

STILL issues with release triggering when poly-chained.

I have four Model D's. When they are poly-chained, this setup should act like a piano or a standard polysynth. There should be no release triggering of notes.

I thought that's what we were going to get with the multi-trigger changes in this new firmware, but it would seem that you now release-trigger sometimes and other times you don't. I can see no rhyme or reason to it. Why was there no beta?

From your documentation (assuming note A is lower than B):

Press & hold note A: A is playing.
Then press & hold note B: B is playing, A stops. Release note A.
old style: retrigger
new style: NO retrigger <----- This is not working. Note B still re-triggers on release of note A in poly chain mode.

Then press & hold note B: B is playing, A stops. Release note B.
new style: retrigger <---- This is also not working, though that's good, I don't want it to.

In both cases, note A doesn't stop as described.

Please let me know if I'm missing something. How can I COMPLETELY disable release triggering when in poly-chained mode? Why would you make it release-trigger in one direction and not the other, especially regardless of key priority setting?

I've tried key priority set to HIGH/LOW/LAST, no difference.
Poly-chain mode NEW/OLD. Multi-trigger mode NEW/OLD/OFF. I've tried setting poly-chain mode via sysex, via switch, and via switch followed by sysex.

(When poly-chain mode is set to the old style, I can hear release triggering in BOTH of the scenarios above. In the NEW style, only scenario ONE does release triggering.)

Again, testing is easy. Think of a piano.

Please let me know if you can duplicate this, or even better, if there is some way to shut off release-triggering completely in poly-chain mode. I really dread waiting for yet another many-month firmware iteration. I'm extremely disappointed right now that this last firmware didn't take care of this, especially since a public beta could have spotted this problem quickly.
MichaelAllen Contributor - Level 2 2018-06-25

2018-06-25

STILL issues with release triggering when poly-chained.

I have four Model D's. When they are poly-chained, this setup should act like a piano or a standard polysynth. There should be no release triggering of notes.

I thought that's what we were going to get with the multi-trigger changes in this new firmware, but it would seem that you now release-trigger sometimes and other times you don't. I can see no rhyme or reason to it. Why was there no beta?

From your documentation (assuming note A is lower than B):

Then press & hold note B: B is playing, A stops. Release note A.
new style: NO retrigger <----- This is not working. Note B still re-triggers on release of note A in poly chain mode.

Then press & hold note B: B is playing, A stops. Release note B.
new style: retrigger <---- This is also not working, though that's good, I don't want it to.

In both cases, note A doesn't stop as described.

Please let me know if I'm missing something. How can I COMPLETELY disable release triggering when in poly-chained mode? Why would you make it release-trigger in one direction and not the other, especially regardless of key priority setting?

I've tried key priority set to HIGH/LOW/LAST, no difference.
Poly-chain mode NEW/OLD. Multi-trigger mode NEW/OLD/OFF. I've tried setting poly-chain mode via sysex, via switch, and via switch followed by sysex.

(When poly-chain mode is set to the old style, I can hear release triggering in BOTH of the scenarios above. In the NEW style, only scenario ONE does release triggering.)

Again, testing is easy. Think of a piano.

Please let me know if you can duplicate this, or even better, if there is some way to shut off release-triggering completely in poly-chain mode. I really dread waiting for yet another many-month firmware iteration. I'm extremely disappointed right now that this last firmware didn't take care of this, especially since a public beta could have spotted this problem quickly.

• 0 Kudos
  • 0 Replies