Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Shout vocals/chours (noob question!)

Hi, i am in a cover band and am the only backing vocalist and not very experienced. We do many songs where there is a group of backing vocalist shouting and not singing in harmony, per se. A good example would be the "hey"s in Def Leppard's Pour Some Sugar on me.

My question is - is there a method or patch that would help one person achieve those "hey"s not as a harmony but a patch that made one person sound more like a crowd shouting the chorus or word?

Sorry is this is a bad question.....still learning this device (I use a VoiceLive 2).

Thank you in advance,
ToddPlesko Contributor - Level 2 01-30-2019

01-30-2019

Shout vocals/chours (noob question!)

Hi, i am in a cover band and am the only backing vocalist and not very experienced. We do many songs where there is a group of backing vocalist shouting and not singing in harmony, per se. A good example would be the "hey"s in Def Leppard's Pour Some Sugar on me.

My question is - is there a method or patch that would help one person achieve those "hey"s not as a harmony but a patch that made one person sound more like a crowd shouting the chorus or word?

Sorry is this is a bad question.....still learning this device (I use a VoiceLive 2).

Thank you in advance,

Triber Moderator

Re: Shout vocals/chours (noob question!)

Hey Todd,

In VoiceLive 2 you're kind of limited, but I recommened experimenting with the Harmony Unison Choir effect and any of the Double effect styles.  It wasn't until later products like VoiceLive 3 and Critical Mass that we improved gang shouts, so it'll just be a matter of experimenting to find what sounds best in VL2 for you.  Good luck!

Spencer Larsen - Testing Engineer @ TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.