Contributor - Level 1

Special Mode Not Working

Yeah, so I obviously mean't to say "Not" working in the subject. Anyway...

Received my Model D yesterday. The "Special Modes" functions with A-440 are not working. For example, I try to change the note priority: turn the unit on and within 5 seconds turn A-440 ON-OFF-ON. The power light does not blink and note priority remains on Low Note. Same with Multi-Trigger - no response from the unit. It just acts as if I did nothing.
JasonGillespie Contributor - Level 1 2018-07-27

2018-07-27

Special Mode Not Working

Yeah, so I obviously mean't to say "Not" working in the subject. Anyway...

Received my Model D yesterday. The "Special Modes" functions with A-440 are not working. For example, I try to change the note priority: turn the unit on and within 5 seconds turn A-440 ON-OFF-ON. The power light does not blink and note priority remains on Low Note. Same with Multi-Trigger - no response from the unit. It just acts as if I did nothing.

• 0 Kudos
  • 6 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Special Mode Not Working

I found the same, I assume you have firmware version 1.0.7.
I recommend changing the firmware to v1.0.6, which should resolve it.
Volunteer Moderator

Fixed it for you...

Jason Gillespie;149798 wrote:
Yeah, so I obviously mean't to say "Not" working in the subject.
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 2

I also have problems with the special modes. Weirdly enough, I can switch between multi triggers. But I can't seem to change the note priority. I do get the 3 blinks, but nothing changes.

Will check the firmware tomorrow.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

I am also [URL="https://www.icloudcentral.com/"]icloud [/URL]facing this [URL="https://googleclassroom.onl/"]google classroom[/URL] same issue, need assistance [URL="https://gimp.software/"]gimp [/URL]to get through this.
Triber Moderator

Just wanted to chime in and offer some suggestions to try, as this feature is working just fine on Model D in our offices using firmwares v1.0.2 - v1.0.6.

1) Try disconnecting all MIDI / USB connections from your Model D and try again. Probably a good idea to remove any patch point cables as well just for good measure.

2) Double check that you aren't accidentally flipping the MAIN OUT ON/OFF switch instead of the A-440 Tuning switch. Another user cited a similar problem and it turns out he had been flipping the wrong switch.

3) Have any of you tried connecting your Model D to a computer via USB and used this 3rd party Configuration program to see if it works for setup of your synth?

Gary Alan Franklin;149838 wrote:
I found the same, I assume you have firmware version 1.0.7.
I recommend changing the firmware to v1.0.6, which should resolve it.

Did reverting back to 1.0.6 from 1.0.7 actually work? The special mode selection feature wasn't removed in firmware 1.0.7 so I'd be surprised if reverting back to 1.0.6 responds any differently, but of course please let me know if this fixes it for any of you so I can let the development team know.

Hope this helps!
Michael Lapke
Contributor - Level 2

Michael Lapke;151232 wrote:

Did reverting back to 1.0.6 from 1.0.7 actually work? The special mode selection feature wasn't removed in firmware 1.0.7 so I'd be surprised if reverting back to 1.0.6 responds any differently, but of course please let me know if this fixes it for any of you so I can let the development team know.

Well it worked for me.