Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Store mic gain and eq with preset.

Hi Smiley Happy
I just bought the Voicelive 3 extreme and look so much forward to a simpler live life! Smiley Happy
The only thing I cannot figure is how to store eq and volume settings for the mic in presets and steps?
I use my vocal mic for both vocal and several other instruments (Drum, horn jaw harp, flute, percussion etc) when looping, but as for now its totally useless since I can not figure out how to store steps with different eq and volume settings for the different instruments... I guess there are a simple way of doing it, but I could not find it out myself...

Smiles, Kjell.
KjellBraaten Contributor - Level 1 2018-10-21

2018-10-21

Store mic gain and eq with preset.

Hi Smiley Happy
I just bought the Voicelive 3 extreme and look so much forward to a simpler live life! Smiley Happy
The only thing I cannot figure is how to store eq and volume settings for the mic in presets and steps?
I use my vocal mic for both vocal and several other instruments (Drum, horn jaw harp, flute, percussion etc) when looping, but as for now its totally useless since I can not figure out how to store steps with different eq and volume settings for the different instruments... I guess there are a simple way of doing it, but I could not find it out myself...

Smiles, Kjell.

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Store mic gain and eq with preset.

Hi

Unfortunately there is no facility for Vocal EQ per preset/step as such, however you could use the Transducer and uMod Block to some effect as these have Some EQ settings; you will need to 'dial back' the effect settings to make them as transparent as need be. And these effects will have to be on when changing instruments ( which is best done with steps ).

Within each preset and step you have a gtr and mic trim; which gives you the ability to reduce/increase the gtr/mic trim by as much as 6dB.
You will find these under the vocal/guitar button, scroll all the way to the right and under the PRESET heading you will find these along with the ability to adjust the PAN position.

Hopefully it gives you something to experiment with.
Editors for :- VoiceLive 3/Extreme, VoiceLive 2, VoiceLive Touch, VoiceLive Touch2, VoiceLive Play GTX, Perform VK. https://www.voiceliveeditor.com
Contributor - Level 1

Oh NO.....
Ok, Ill check the options... At least SOME are better than nothing...
But I would suggest that the ability to change gain and eq for the mic in the future as that would help probably most loopers out there... If you just sing through the mic its not that important, but lots of us uses instruments in the mic also... Then we really need it Smiley Wink

Smiles, Kjell.
Super Contributor - Level 2

Could you not use the guitar input for the mic,using a small mixer to switch between guitar and other instruments ?