Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Superbasic TonePrint question

Hi

I'm considering buying the HoF Reverb 2. Do I understand right that if I buy that and download the editor app, I get access to other 'effects' like chorus and flanger that I can build into a TonePrint (along with the reverb setting) and then beam to one of the pedal's TonePrint slots, without buying anything more?

Thanks very much
troy
Tags (1)
troywestfield Contributor - Level 1 2018-03-28

2018-03-28

Superbasic TonePrint question

Hi

I'm considering buying the HoF Reverb 2. Do I understand right that if I buy that and download the editor app, I get access to other 'effects' like chorus and flanger that I can build into a TonePrint (along with the reverb setting) and then beam to one of the pedal's TonePrint slots, without buying anything more?

Thanks very much
troy

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Superbasic TonePrint question

I've recently got the HOF mini and have only had a quick play with the editor, so I stand to be corrected, but I believe:
You can add different types of modulation to the reverb, but it doesn't add it to the dry signal.
Any tones that you create in the editor have to be transferred to the pedal via USB - you can't 'beam' editor tones via the app. Apparently, this functionality may be introduced in a later version.
Only tones that are pre-loaded into the app can be 'beamed'.

Hope that helps.
Cheers.
Contributor - Level 1

It does, Twigster, thanks. I assume I could just keep the reverb low if I wanted to emphasize one of the effects, but I'm not expecting these effects to sound SO amazing that I want to use them exclusively and without reverb anyway.

Thanks again.
Contributor - Level 2

As the HOF mini has only one control knob and doesn't have multiple TP slots, I've set it to get totally different sounds out it - that's the beauty of the editor.
In my case, I've got it set on Cathedral reverb, with delay and tri-chorus.
I've reversed the interaction between the knob and the modulation so that by turning the knob up, the modulation goes DOWN.
This way I can get the 2 distinct sounds that I'm after:

With the knob in the 2 o'clock position, I just get a massive lush cathedral reverb with modulation at zero.
By turning the knob DOWN to 10 o'clock, the reverb is greatly reduced, whilst the modulation is INCREASED (this was to get an approximation of the lead tone in QOTSA's 'Go With The Flow').

So, even with just a single control knob, it's still really flexible - I'm really impressed so far.
Being able to beam your own tone print via the app would be the icing on the cake.

Cheers.