Contributor - Level 1

Switch-6 pedal with Perform-V not working

Hello there guys, its my first post here, thx for your help. I recently bought a Perform-V and a Switch-6 pedal trough eBay, both are new, and when connecting the pedal to the perform-v nothing happens. I know the power has to be off to connect it and to be detected, im using the TRS cable, in fact i opened the pedal thinking was broken but i tested all switches with an ohmmeter as well as the cable continuity and they are ok, the 10k resistors are ok, every thing seems to be ok, i already updated the latest firmware (.84), i dont know why perform-v is not detecting the pedal.... please your help. 

Greetings from Colombia Smiley Happy

juancho_cali Contributor - Level 1 2019-09-09

2019-09-09

Switch-6 pedal with Perform-V not working

Hello there guys, its my first post here, thx for your help. I recently bought a Perform-V and a Switch-6 pedal trough eBay, both are new, and when connecting the pedal to the perform-v nothing happens. I know the power has to be off to connect it and to be detected, im using the TRS cable, in fact i opened the pedal thinking was broken but i tested all switches with an ohmmeter as well as the cable continuity and they are ok, the 10k resistors are ok, every thing seems to be ok, i already updated the latest firmware (.84), i dont know why perform-v is not detecting the pedal.... please your help. 

Greetings from Colombia Smiley Happy

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Triber Moderator

Re: Switch-6 pedal with Perform-V not working

Hey @juancho_cali,
That sounds weird, it should be working... As of firmware build 75 the default mappings for a Switch-6 with Perform-V were:  footswitches 1, 2, 3 are the Presets, and 4, 5 ,6 toggle Double, Reverb, Echo respectively.  Perhaps those default mappings got screwed up somehow, can you please try reassigning a footswitch by holding a footswtich on your Switch-6 and then tap a button (like "Reverb") on your Perform-V to remap the footswitch?  Also, you mentioned that you're using a TRS cable is correct, but can you please confirm with another piece of gear that the cable isn't faulty?

Testing engineer at TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.
Triber Moderator

Hey @juancho_cali,
That sounds weird, it should be working... As of firmware build 75 the default mappings for a Switch-6 with Perform-V were:  footswitches 1, 2, 3 are the Presets, and 4, 5 ,6 toggle Double, Reverb, Echo respectively.  Perhaps those default mappings got screwed up somehow, can you please try reassigning a footswitch by holding a footswtich on your Switch-6 and then tap a button (like "Reverb") on your Perform-V to remap the footswitch?  Also, you mentioned that you're using a TRS cable is correct, but can you please confirm with another piece of gear that the cable isn't faulty?

Testing engineer at TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Man, you are great !!! that was the solution, somehow there were not any presets, i did what you told me and that was all!!! THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy