Piano Man

Synths Resurrected Vol. 3

The Prophet 5 we recently acquired form the famous British band "Tears For Fears" was in bad shape - I mean really bad.
Watch how the amazing guys from our UK Care center put all their love and care into this restoration.

What synths would you like to see in our upcoming Synth Museum?

Uli

[video]

Uli Behringer Music Tribe Leader
UliBehringer Piano Man 2019-03-04

2019-03-04

Synths Resurrected Vol. 3

The Prophet 5 we recently acquired form the famous British band "Tears For Fears" was in bad shape - I mean really bad.
Watch how the amazing guys from our UK Care center put all their love and care into this restoration.

What synths would you like to see in our upcoming Synth Museum?

Uli

[video]

• 16 Kudos
  • 14 Replies
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Synths Resurrected Vol. 3

Maybe not synths in that sense, but Roland TD-series of drum modules would be really nice!

But I still have room in my keyboard rack for some more synths
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 2

Great work as usual, guys! 

Rob Puricelli - Music Technologist, Writer & Trainer www.failedmuso.com/blog
Super Contributor - Level 2

Great! Now move on to resurrect the old forum, please  

Contributor - Level 1

I could watch this guy for hours fixing synths ..Amazing !

Triber Moderator

Me too, there is something calming about seeing this old beauties brought back to life.
TC Mike | Triber Moderator, Music Tribe Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs
Triber

The engineer or the synth? hehe

Volunteer Moderator

How about this cool EMS Polysynthi!

https://youtu.be/Uh3SK1NM9vI

Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!
Triber Moderator

The Polysinthi looks beautiful and certainly has some unique features, but the sound is miles away from a eg VCS3, with its divide down technology on the Oscilators and just 1 filter. If i could choose i'd take the Prophet any day. 

Very excited as to what fruits these lovely restored originals might bear one day     

TC Mike | Triber Moderator, Music Tribe Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs
Highlighted
Triber

Great restoration job and video! Thanks for letting make some sounds at the end.
This was very special for me as some of my all time favourite sounds came from the Prophet 5 eg Richard Barbieri, Ryuichi Sakamoto, Steve Jansen, Kraftwerk etc
I would like to see in our museum an Oberheim OBX http://www.vintagesynth.com/oberheim/obx.php
or a more recent unusual synth http://www.vintagesynth.com/misc/neuron.php
Thanks.

Paul Withers | Triber, Music Tribe If you found my post helpful, go ahead and give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs