Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

TC Electronic - Viscous Vibe; "Hendrix Vibes?"

Does anyone know how to get the "Hendrix Vibes" sound with the Viscous Vibe? They feature a "soundcloud" example of it (and many other sounds) on their Viscous Vibe info page... but I'm not seeing anything on the toneprint page, and the toneprints they have available don't seem to have examples to hear before loading them. I'm not going to load everyone, one by one in hopes of finding something close... thoughts?

morningwood Contributor - Level 1 2019-09-15

2019-09-15

TC Electronic - Viscous Vibe; "Hendrix Vibes?"

Does anyone know how to get the "Hendrix Vibes" sound with the Viscous Vibe? They feature a "soundcloud" example of it (and many other sounds) on their Viscous Vibe info page... but I'm not seeing anything on the toneprint page, and the toneprints they have available don't seem to have examples to hear before loading them. I'm not going to load everyone, one by one in hopes of finding something close... thoughts?

Triber Moderator

Re: TC Electronic - Viscous Vibe; "Hendrix Vibes?"

Hi,

while there is no dedicated Toneprint called Hendrix, the default one on the VV should get you close to it. 

when editing your own toneprint, makek sure to select the Vintage type under subtype, which is an accurate emulation of the special "double dip" LFO curveform of the original Shin Ei Univibe.

Toneprints / templates to check out: 

vintage uni types.PNG

the Kirk Fletcher "Greasy Wobble" toneprint is also great for some Hendrix style univibe effect..

cheers,

Mike

jjj

TC Mike | Triber Moderator, Music Tribe Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs