Contributor - Level 1

TC Helicon Perform series

Hi,

Not sure which vocal processor to choose.

I need harmony but I don't play a keyboard. I use an RC300 with prerecorded tracks as backing.

Can anyone suggest which vocal processor will be best and why?

Thank you

Alain

alaingreaves Contributor - Level 1 2019-03-08

2019-03-08

TC Helicon Perform series

Hi,

Not sure which vocal processor to choose.

I need harmony but I don't play a keyboard. I use an RC300 with prerecorded tracks as backing.

Can anyone suggest which vocal processor will be best and why?

Thank you

Alain

Triber

Re: TC Helicon Perform series

Hello,
I've sent a copy of this to my work e-mail; I'll see if I can get an answer to your question shortly. Chances are, there's a TC Helicon product that will suite your needs.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Hi

Most if not all TC-Helicon products have an AUX Input, which can be used to guide harmonies.
The main differnce between the products is the amount of effects and the amount of parameters you have to edit a particular effect.
If you want the ability to edit the harmony effect fully then you would need something like, the VoiceLive 3 (Current Product), VoiceLive Rack/VoiceLive 2 ( End of life Product).

When your guiding a Harmony via AUX Input, you would need to tell the device if the AUX Input is Track or LIve,

In Live mode the Product will analyze the Input immediately; to detect notes,key/scale etc.

In Track Mode, the device buffers the Input to analyze it better, this has a draw back in that their is a slight delay; which you will only notice if your sending the AUX Input source to the PA independent of the VoiceLive Unit.

I would check the products out to see which has the Harmonies your interested in; If you need to create Custom Harmonies, then only the Flag Ship products have this ability ( VL3,VL2,VLR).

Hope that helps.

Editors for :- VoiceLive 3/Extreme, VoiceLive 2, VoiceLive Touch, VoiceLive Touch2, VoiceLive Play GTX, Perform VK. https://www.voiceliveeditor.com
Solution Leader

A few more questions need to be answered to select the optimal product. Do you also have an instrument that you play connected to the RC300? Do you want separate outputs from the RC300 and the harmony product? or is it OK if the RC300 signal is mixed in the harmony product? Do you use the RC300 in stereo? The ultimate product for playing with backing tracks is VoiceLive 3 Extreme- with this product you wouldn't need the RC300 and you can automate the effect changes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wl9B6Rg5f4 It costs more than a VoiceLive Play, but using it means you don't need to tap dance while performing which allow you to engage more with the audience.
David Hilderman | Triber, Music Tribe If you found my post helpful, go ahead and give kudos or mark it as a solution! Community Guidelines | FAQs