Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

TC Helicon Play Acoustic

I am considering purchasing a Play Acoustic effects box to replace my Harmony Singer 2.

If I use the 3 Switch, can I have 2 switchies assigned to Harmonies & the 3rd assigned to a special effect especially megaphone?

Fred H Erben
FredErben Contributor - Level 2 2019-12-06

2019-12-06

TC Helicon Play Acoustic

I am considering purchasing a Play Acoustic effects box to replace my Harmony Singer 2.

If I use the 3 Switch, can I have 2 switchies assigned to Harmonies & the 3rd assigned to a special effect especially megaphone?

Highlighted
Triber Alumni

Re: TC Helicon Play Acoustic

Hey @FredErben,
Here's a list of possible Switch-3 targets in PlayAcoustic (taken from page 35 of the manual):

► Loop Rec/Play
► Loop Stop/Clear
► Loop Undo
► Loop Start/Stop
► 1 Btn Looper
► Tap Tempo
► Set Key
► Preset Down
► Preset Up
► Hit
► Harmony
► Harm Moment
► Doubling
► Delay
► Delay Moment
► Reverb
► HardTune
► Transducer (including megaphone)
► µMod
► Gtr Amp
► Gtr Boost
► Gtr Compressor
► Gtr µMod
► Gtr Delay
► Gtr Reverb

As you can see, you can use the Switch-3 to toggle harmonies on and off (with a latched or momentary function) but you can't assign unique harmony voicings to the Switch-3.  In other words, the footswitch can only turn harmonies on and off, if can't select specific styles of harmony.  To change between different harmony voicings you'll need to use multiple presets and change between them.  Cheers!

Testing engineer at TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.