Contributor - Level 1

TC Helicon VL3X

Using an IPad with Onsong to send midi to VL3X. When I select a song on The IPad it sets up the VL3X patch. All good. Loops or Track ready to trigger. I start the IPad by touching the screen starting non-linear scrolling and my lyric sections highlight through the song. I want to use midi to tell the VL3X to start loop or track at the same time using a midi command. Midi in options on VL3X seem very limited and I can’t find a way to do it. Have to stand on one foot, touch the iPad and press a button mapped footswitch on the VL3X simultaneously. Balancing act. There has to be a better way?

Ballad Contributor - Level 1 2019-08-30

2019-08-30

TC Helicon VL3X

Using an IPad with Onsong to send midi to VL3X. When I select a song on The IPad it sets up the VL3X patch. All good. Loops or Track ready to trigger. I start the IPad by touching the screen starting non-linear scrolling and my lyric sections highlight through the song. I want to use midi to tell the VL3X to start loop or track at the same time using a midi command. Midi in options on VL3X seem very limited and I can’t find a way to do it. Have to stand on one foot, touch the iPad and press a button mapped footswitch on the VL3X simultaneously. Balancing act. There has to be a better way?

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Triber Moderator

Re: TC Helicon VL3X

Hey @Ballad,
MIDI control of the looper is a widely-requested feature for VoiceLive 3 but unfortunately it has not yet been implemented.  For now your current balancing act is the only way to start OnSong scrolling and VL3 looping simultaneously.

Testing engineer at TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Re: TC Helicon VL3X

Thanks. At least I know that I’m not missing anything dumb and can stop puzzling over it!

Art is how we decorate space. Music is how we decorate time.