Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

TC Helicon Voicelive Play 3 - footswitch customizability

Hey all. I'm just about to buy the TC Helicon Voice Live Play 3 as the range of fx and simplicity of the unit suit exactly what I need. I was planning to use the unit on the floor and the footswitch to pass through my designed presets 

The plan was then to use a footswitch as a HANDswitch - my whole settup is entirely dependent on being able to control certain parts of the song with my foot and others with my hand (namely turn on and off the effects rapidly with my finger. On the main website it says the Footswitch3 (or I guess say the digitech substittue) can be used to control features - but in the manual all it talks about is controlling looping.

Looping isnt a feature I'll use at all - can the footswitch or any other footswitch - be used simply to control basic features, such as 'On/off' of a delay or anything - whilst the pedal would then be used to cycle through presets or whatever. Buying this unit is dependent entirely on that essentially so it's important!

Voice live touch mic mount is not an option - the live shows are energetic and the mic stand is shoved around a lot - a more robust footswitch that can be modified/attached to the stand is ideal (i'm decent with electronics and may even rewire it). 

thanks - jack

jackavix Contributor - Level 2 2020-02-12

2020-02-12

TC Helicon Voicelive Play 3 - footswitch customizability

Hey all. I'm just about to buy the TC Helicon Voice Live Play 3 as the range of fx and simplicity of the unit suit exactly what I need. I was planning to use the unit on the floor and the footswitch to pass through my designed presets 

The plan was then to use a footswitch as a HANDswitch - my whole settup is entirely dependent on being able to control certain parts of the song with my foot and others with my hand (namely turn on and off the effects rapidly with my finger. On the main website it says the Footswitch3 (or I guess say the digitech substittue) can be used to control features - but in the manual all it talks about is controlling looping.

Looping isnt a feature I'll use at all - can the footswitch or any other footswitch - be used simply to control basic features, such as 'On/off' of a delay or anything - whilst the pedal would then be used to cycle through presets or whatever. Buying this unit is dependent entirely on that essentially so it's important!

Voice live touch mic mount is not an option - the live shows are energetic and the mic stand is shoved around a lot - a more robust footswitch that can be modified/attached to the stand is ideal (i'm decent with electronics and may even rewire it). 

thanks - jack

• 0 Kudos
  • 5 Replies
Highlighted
Triber

Re: TC Helicon Voicelive Play 3 - footswitch customizability

Hi @jackavix ,

I'm a bit confused by your question, as we don't have a product called the Voicelive Play 3; we have the Voicelive Play series (Play, Play Electric, Play GTX, Play Acoustic) and our Voicelive series (Voicelive 3, and Voicelive 3 extreme). Which of these are you referring to? If you can clarify that I can help answer your question! Smiley Happy 

Robert Deacon | Triber, Music Tribe I'm here to help! Let me know if you have any further questions, and if I answered your question feel free to like it and "accept it as solution" Community Guidelines | FAQs
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Oh apologies!!! I got mixed up!

The Voicelive play is the product I'm speaking about. If there is any other kind of settup you can recommend also - happy to take it!

Highlighted
Triber

The Voicelive Play does have somewhat limited buttonmapping capabilities, but you can attach our switch 3 footswitch pedal which gives you more mapping options, so you could map any effect toggle to any of the three switches. The Voicelive 3 has 6 mappable footswitches which give you far more control, and you can switch between the guitar page and the vocal page, giving you a potential 12 mappable footswitches. 

Robert Deacon | Triber, Music Tribe I'm here to help! Let me know if you have any further questions, and if I answered your question feel free to like it and "accept it as solution" Community Guidelines | FAQs
Contributor - Level 2

I really appreciate you getting back to me on this so quickly - Do you mind if I ask about the feasibility of my settup?

Ideally I'd like to have a preset for each of my songs on the pedal (or whatever device I get) - the songs that require specific FX and vocal processing. So I can just cycle between them for each song using the main footswitches. And then for those songs, have a button on a footswitch (that I'd use has a handswitch) to control/toggle very specific effects - .e.g turn on a delay just for one  phrase, which I do with my hand - or switch on distortion for the chorus - either with one of the main pedal switches or with the seperate foot/hand switches.

Is this - with the voicelive play and the footswitch accessory?

How feasible is this settup with another product - such as the Voicelive Touch?

Highlighted
Triber

@jackavix  That type of setup would work with either of the options you mention, although you'll get a lot more feaures with something like the VL3 or the Voicelive Touch. The Voicelive Play is great but it's not nearly as flexible as some of the other products we offer.