Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

TC Pedalboard for Keyboard/organ/synth

Hi! Smiley Happy

I was looking around some cool effects for guitar and bass, and I soon realized that there's actually NOTHING around there specially tuned for keyboards/ organs/ Synths

First of all, most guitar and bass effects in general are in mono. The minority in stereo.
Second ... TONE!. All those effects are tuned for those instruments, not for keyboards
Third. Since these are tuned for guitars and basses, generally with keyboards they tend to compress the hell out of it

I was thinking in a special pedalboard for keyboards. So we can have, let's say, 5 of the truly most used effects in the keyboards world: PHASER, CHORUS/FLANGER, DELAY/LOOPER, DRIVE and TREMOLO. Each regulable in intensity/depth/gain, tone and individual options.

All that with an expresion/volume pedal and a boost switch (regulable as well).

Also, as with guitar and bass pedalboards, the option to use 2 or more effects.
Honesty, don't care about MIDI (the more plug-and-play the better) but for the ones who do, it would be a nice feature.

I'd love to see that. With a lush, warm, full-bodied organic sound that can bring out the best from the keyboards, not decreasing the tone, not compressing, not ending up sounding brittle, harsh, thin and unmusical.

Now that you have the Behringer friends right in the next room, you'll have plenty of facilities to experiment Smiley Wink

Thank you!

Smiley Very Happy
"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today" James Dean
EduardoRojas Contributor - Level 2 2018-03-30

2018-03-30

TC Pedalboard for Keyboard/organ/synth

Hi! Smiley Happy

I was looking around some cool effects for guitar and bass, and I soon realized that there's actually NOTHING around there specially tuned for keyboards/ organs/ Synths

First of all, most guitar and bass effects in general are in mono. The minority in stereo.
Second ... TONE!. All those effects are tuned for those instruments, not for keyboards
Third. Since these are tuned for guitars and basses, generally with keyboards they tend to compress the hell out of it

I was thinking in a special pedalboard for keyboards. So we can have, let's say, 5 of the truly most used effects in the keyboards world: PHASER, CHORUS/FLANGER, DELAY/LOOPER, DRIVE and TREMOLO. Each regulable in intensity/depth/gain, tone and individual options.

All that with an expresion/volume pedal and a boost switch (regulable as well).

Also, as with guitar and bass pedalboards, the option to use 2 or more effects.
Honesty, don't care about MIDI (the more plug-and-play the better) but for the ones who do, it would be a nice feature.

I'd love to see that. With a lush, warm, full-bodied organic sound that can bring out the best from the keyboards, not decreasing the tone, not compressing, not ending up sounding brittle, harsh, thin and unmusical.

Now that you have the Behringer friends right in the next room, you'll have plenty of facilities to experiment Smiley Wink

Thank you!

Smiley Very Happy

Contributor - Level 2

Re: TC Pedalboard for Keyboard/organ/synth

Hiya! Smiley Happy

As I posted on the Gearslutz forum

I'm thinking in an unit that can have 2 stereo inputs and ouputs, so we can run 2 separate keyboards and select effects for each

Let's say

Keyboard 1: phaser + vibrato
Keyboard 2: Delay + chorus + reverb

etc any combination you may like, with an overall chassis design pretty much like the Line 6 PODHD500, with 2 rows of switches. And a volume pedal both at the left and the right side, each for one keyboard, so you can regulate volume in real time without interrupting your playing

That's simply not possible with any multieffects unit to this day. This has not been made in keyboard history

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today" James Dean