Contributor - Level 1

UniTune battery short life :-(

Bought a unitune start of this year, dont use it too often bc I have floyd rose guitars and use basically when i string change.
Problem is I get around 15-20 mins worth of tuning time per battery replacement. I have tried duracell, cheap batteries etc doesnt matter what brand the battery life is really bad.
Is it the unit I have?? or is this normal.
Apart from the battery life I really find the unit great and useful.
Thanks
Tags (1)
panther265 Contributor - Level 1 2018-07-07

2018-07-07

UniTune battery short life :-(

Bought a unitune start of this year, dont use it too often bc I have floyd rose guitars and use basically when i string change.
Problem is I get around 15-20 mins worth of tuning time per battery replacement. I have tried duracell, cheap batteries etc doesnt matter what brand the battery life is really bad.
Is it the unit I have?? or is this normal.
Apart from the battery life I really find the unit great and useful.
Thanks

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Re: UniTune battery short life :-(

I bought my Unitune Clip in March of this year at Sweetwater'. It worked perfectly for about 2 months and now it only works for an hour or so and the next day the battery will be dead. I tried using all kinds os batteries and always the same results. With a fresh battery, I used it off and on for setting a guitar up and was careful to shut the tuner off after each use. Then, the next day it was dead again.

Any response from TC?

Contributor - Level 2

I thought it was just me forgetting to turn it off, but its just lousy battery life. I never had this problem with the polytune. something is wrong with the unitune design. I use mine less than a minute a day, I get a week out of a fresh battery.

Contributor - Level 2

Okay, its only fair to back up a bit. I tested the last two 2032s I took out of the Unitune, as expected they were both dead. While my battery tester was already out so I tested the replacement battery I was going to install. Dead. Okay, that happens, I bought bunch of these things a while ago just for this reason. EVERY battery I had was dead or close to it. 17 in a row. Off to CVS, the closest store to me, to get a Duracell. It tested good. The Unitune is back. I'll revise my comments as events unfold.

Contributor - Level 2

Events have unfolded. Two batteries out in two days. Im sending it back.