Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Upgrading from VL 2 to VL 3

I just got a VoiceLIve 3 today to replace my VoiceLive 2. I will explore the guitar effect at a later time, I am not really into guitar effects but my voice certainly needs a little help. I use a basic reverb patch with 1 up and 1+2 up harmonies and a basic slapback Rock 'n' Roll sound with 1up and 2up harmonies + doubling.

First thing I noticed was that the VL 3 sounds different from the VL 2 and I'm getting feedback when I start singing – but not when I am not singing. There seems to be something 'automatic' going on in the background with levels and tone?

What do I need to do to get the VL 3 back to an VL 2 emulation so that I can build from there?

TIA
JoeGillespie Contributor - Level 2 2018-04-16

2018-04-16

Upgrading from VL 2 to VL 3

I just got a VoiceLIve 3 today to replace my VoiceLive 2. I will explore the guitar effect at a later time, I am not really into guitar effects but my voice certainly needs a little help. I use a basic reverb patch with 1 up and 1+2 up harmonies and a basic slapback Rock 'n' Roll sound with 1up and 2up harmonies + doubling.

First thing I noticed was that the VL 3 sounds different from the VL 2 and I'm getting feedback when I start singing – but not when I am not singing. There seems to be something 'automatic' going on in the background with levels and tone?

What do I need to do to get the VL 3 back to an VL 2 emulation so that I can build from there?

TIA

Contributor - Level 2

Found the answer

I have found the answer to my question by experimentation but will post it for the benefit of others.

It was the 'Tone' tab. Tone was switched-on by default giving me compression (that I don't need). When I turned-off Tone, the VL3 behaved as I expected.