Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Using MIDI on G-System

Hi,

I have a G-System and many pedals looped into the effects loops such as a Rogerlin Adrenalinn, Moogfoger and others which have MIDI inputs/outputs! I know I can connect the MIDI output of the G-System to any of these pedals to toggle the preset on that pedal as I switch presents on the G-System to get the sounds I look for. But how do I do that.?? I'm not sure how it's set up now but everytime I press let's say preset 2 on the G-System it changes the preset on my Adrenallin to let's say 11. Then when I press preset 3 on the G-System it doesn't also change it on the Adrenalin and my sound as a whole therefore does not change totally. I know there must be step by step do doing this! Can anyone explain to me how?? Thank you so much
Tags (1)
charlymonteblac Contributor - Level 1 2017-09-28

2017-09-28

Using MIDI on G-System

Hi,

I have a G-System and many pedals looped into the effects loops such as a Rogerlin Adrenalinn, Moogfoger and others which have MIDI inputs/outputs! I know I can connect the MIDI output of the G-System to any of these pedals to toggle the preset on that pedal as I switch presents on the G-System to get the sounds I look for. But how do I do that.?? I'm not sure how it's set up now but everytime I press let's say preset 2 on the G-System it changes the preset on my Adrenallin to let's say 11. Then when I press preset 3 on the G-System it doesn't also change it on the Adrenalin and my sound as a whole therefore does not change totally. I know there must be step by step do doing this! Can anyone explain to me how?? Thank you so much

Contributor - Level 2

Re: Using MIDI on G-System

Start by taking a look at the white paper chapter on MIDI and the G-System. Then come back here and we can discuss things further - but you need to understand the G-System MIDI implementation. You would also do well to have solid information on the MIDI implementations present in your pedals. Your chances of success are partly dependent on how well the pedal makers followed the theory and semantics of the MIDI messages (as opposed to just
Gtrs: PRS Cust. 24 20-Anny Artist, Yamaha PAC1511 Mike Stern Signature Pedalboard: Barber Tone Press, TC NovaDrive, TC G-System, Eventide ModFactor Rack: Egnater M4 Modular Tube Preamp, Randall RT2/50 Power Amp, Palmer ADIG-LB load box/cab sim Acoustic: Stehr Coco/Adi Custom-build OO, Stehr Koa/Adi Custom Build GA, Stehr Braz/Adi Custom Build GA, Taylor 814ce-L10, G-Natural