Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Using Mic Mechanic 2 and Harmony G-XT at same time

Hi all. I doubt I'm the first one to have this idea or ask this question, but I could find nothing on this. I own a Harmony G-XT. Great pedal, but I want something that gives you pitch correction wi/out having to run your guitar through it. Enter the Mic Mechanic 2. Here's how I'd like to hook them up:

Vocal mic into MM2

XLR out of MM2 into XLR in of G-XT

XLR out of G-XT to PA

I figure doing this, I get the chromatic "non-guitar" voice correction quality offered by the MM2, but still get to utilize the great harmony/doubling etc. features of the G-XT. Would this setup work? Frankly, I don't see why it wouldn't. I would use the tone button on only one of the devices (thus they shouldn't interfere w/one another). I guess I just want to make sure that the G-XT doesn't somehow "cancel out" the pitch correction being done by the MM2. If any of you have any insight on this, I'd be much obliged!

Patrick

patbo Contributor - Level 1 2019-02-26

2019-02-26

Using Mic Mechanic 2 and Harmony G-XT at same time

Hi all. I doubt I'm the first one to have this idea or ask this question, but I could find nothing on this. I own a Harmony G-XT. Great pedal, but I want something that gives you pitch correction wi/out having to run your guitar through it. Enter the Mic Mechanic 2. Here's how I'd like to hook them up:

Vocal mic into MM2

XLR out of MM2 into XLR in of G-XT

XLR out of G-XT to PA

I figure doing this, I get the chromatic "non-guitar" voice correction quality offered by the MM2, but still get to utilize the great harmony/doubling etc. features of the G-XT. Would this setup work? Frankly, I don't see why it wouldn't. I would use the tone button on only one of the devices (thus they shouldn't interfere w/one another). I guess I just want to make sure that the G-XT doesn't somehow "cancel out" the pitch correction being done by the MM2. If any of you have any insight on this, I'd be much obliged!

Patrick

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Re: Using Mic Mechanic 2 and Harmony G-XT at same time

That shouldn't be a problem at all! You sound like you have it all figured out. Just keep in mind that if you're only looking for pitch correction then the voicetone C1 might be just as good an option. You don't really wanna put the reverb and delay off the mic mechanic first in the chain before the harmonies. You already have those options on the harmony g-xt anyways. So that might be worth considering. Tone should always be on, on the first pedal in the chain, same with pitch correction. You will probably find your harmonies coming out even more crisp from the g-xt as well using a little correction Smiley Happy

There's no such thing as too much reverb
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Re: Using Mic Mechanic 2 and Harmony G-XT at same time

The harmony GXT has chromatic pitch correction whether or not a guitar is plugged in. If you double click the tone button it switches chromatic pitch correction off or on. This pitch correction just pushes the note to the closest 1/2 step. Not adjustable like the MM2 though, it sounds to me on the gxt to me like the MM2 set somewhere in the middle. Super similar effect in either pedal.