Contributor - Level 2

V22 Infinium Tube Replacement Process

I just received a brand new V22 Infinium Tube amp. I realize with proper care the tubes should last years. However, I'd like to know if there is an article on the process. I haven't found one on THIS amp.

Is it as simple as removing the four screws holding the tube cage to the chassis, swapping tube(s), and replacing the cage?

I ham 69 yrs old and have worked with tube amps before so I am familiar with them. However each amp is different and it has been about 45 years since I have messed with tube amps.
Tags (1)
DavidSmith1 Contributor - Level 2 2016-10-14

2016-10-14

V22 Infinium Tube Replacement Process

I just received a brand new V22 Infinium Tube amp. I realize with proper care the tubes should last years. However, I'd like to know if there is an article on the process. I haven't found one on THIS amp.

Is it as simple as removing the four screws holding the tube cage to the chassis, swapping tube(s), and replacing the cage?

I ham 69 yrs old and have worked with tube amps before so I am familiar with them. However each amp is different and it has been about 45 years since I have messed with tube amps.

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

re: V22 Infinium Tube Replacement Process

New here & I'm a bit suprised nobody from Behringer has chimed in here.

My understanding of the Infinium power tube circuit follows TubeSync developed technology, which senses & adjusts to tube variances to keep everything within operating limits. Plug-&-play, as it were.

I own a V22 Infinium & have swapped a few different EL84's. Remove cage, replace tubes, replace cage (or leave off). So far everything is working as advertised. Still...it would be nice to have a rep comment on the process as this is something that the average user is going to want/need to do.
Contributor - Level 2

Re: re: V22 Infinium Tube Replacement Process

I too am disappointed in the lack of a reply from Behringer.

I know there are three 12AX7 (JJ ECC83S).  Two are preamp tubes and one is the phase inverter.  Are these differentiated on the amp chassis?  I have a combo amp - not an amp head, so pulling the chassis out is not something I want to do unless I know some basic information like this.

Contributor - Level 1

Re: re: V22 Infinium Tube Replacement Process

There are indicators on the chassis on what tubes go where.  If you grab a flash light and tilt it up or flip it over, you can see the writing on them. However to get to the tubes if you need to change them you have to remove the chassis from the body it seems,  just to remove the cage they sit in. 

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: V22 Infinium Tube Replacement Process

Hi David I have this problem with the V22 Infinium. When I'm waiting for the tubes to warm up, the power front light starts to flash. With this, the audio quality goes down and the tube's life end's earlier than it should. Has anyone experienced this? Any ideas? Thank you. Btw, the tubes are JJ. Are they good/appropiate for this amp? Thanks.